Originally Posted By: JetStar
Well if you buy early, you get what you pay for. Darkfall to me is the only game out there that offers large scale warfare and full loot. There is nothing that compares.

Nothing that compares...yet. Mortal Online is in beta that I've been testing (except for the past couple weeks since I've been moving). The world isn't an ugly blob of brown/purple/orange shit. In fact, it IS the greatest open "sandbox" world I have ever seen in an MMO. It's what I'd hoped to find when I first heard MMOs were in development in the late 90s. The melee combat is more realistic, and people can't sprint 100 miles an hour while fighting - in fact, you sprint at a realistic speed and when your weapon is drawn you move at a believable pace. Due to the nature of the fighting system, it is far more tactical and will work far better in mass combat than the cartoony Darkfall. Oh yah, and while many don't care about this; the game has full gore + total nudity when unclothed. It really focuses on realism. Mortal Online has the greatest potential to be a 3D UO2 to date.

I heard someone a while ago say that they didn't want to go to MO because all the guilds that got their ass handed to them in DF were going there. That doesn't make any sense and I hope they take some lessons in logic. If the migrators from DF end up playing the better game, then they're the winners, enjoying the best there is to offer.

Ultimately though: Time will tell.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]