Dunlop, apparently you still don't understand my original post. It was a general remark, directed at the OP, commenting on a common mistake I've noticed in gaming for a long time: People generally in gaming assume that whoever is an appointed leader *must* be the technical expert at one-on-one PVP. This has NOTHING to do with your own prowess at PVP, Dunlop. I'm pointing toward misconceptions of gamers as a whole to believe that whoever is in charge should be badass at PVP, or vice versa: whoever is badass at PVP should lead. While it's great to have leaders that can hold their own in PVP, there are 4 other types of Leadership Power besides Expert Power:

1. Referrent Power: Power based on Camaraderie & Familiarity - people follow this person because they've been through hell and back together. Usually more charismatic leaders.

2. Reward Power: Power based on reward - people follow this person because they know the leader will reward them with X item or wealth. Mercenary Leaders, and leaders such as Jetstar.

3. Cohersive Power: Power based on cohersion - people follow this person out of fear. They know that if they fail, they'll be punished. Example: Darth Vader

4. Legitimate Power: Power based off of Rank alone - people follow simply because you're the ranking individual. Example: 2nd Lieutenants in the military - although they haven't proved themselves yet, the enlisted must still respect their rank.

Many leaders are appointed not for their expertise of skills-at-arms, but for other reasons, as shown above.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]