Best way to learn pvp is to go out on offensives, heed the call for defensives, and spar. Do all of them.

I don't agree there's never a good time for retreat. Sometimes you should not retreat; other times you'd be dumb not to. Often times what you need to do is simply mount up to regroup, or change the terrain. If a 10v10 turns into a 2v8, mount up and save what you've got for the next fight. It's dumb to just stand there and die.

This happened to a group I was in about a week ago I think. We were fighting Serenity Now (that time when Ky Ky hit Darka like 9 times in 3 seconds with a bow while he was mounted at extreme range lol). It started as 10 KGB vs 8 SN or something like that. I was the only guy left because when the fight turned into 2 v ~6 and we were split by a screen, I mounted and barely got away. I used that mount and armor in the next fight.

I have only ever looted a geared dude in PvP 1 time, so all my gear and mounts are self farmed. ~ 3 hours of farming per go bag. When the battle is going south, I'd rather save 3 hours of farming. So while I think some people are looting full sets of gear and don't really need to farm much, others of us are farming quite often to keep it up, which is the reason I'd rather stay alive if the fight goes south pretty bad. This is mainly for armor, mounts, and arrows.

KGB needs some kind of gear reimbursement program for official pvp [not responces to pks]. This really helps get more people involved and aggressive. It worked really well in EVE. Or hell even just a mount reimbursement plan would be insanely awesome. Of course to do this we would need everyone to donate all server up steedgrass to the clan bank. lol Probably not going to happen.