Here's the Updated Master list for those interested:

Nethervoid
Arkh
Arjuna (Aureliano)
Taco Salad (rhaikh)
Syloc
John Xao

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING! Duck!

A couple months into Darkfall, and I've got to say, I’m having a blast; however the logistics of practicing, getting better, and mastering pvp has, to be frank, become a hard aspect to participate in. Not everyone logs on at the same time, others have less play time than others, and almost everyone is so poor, they can't afford to throw away those 300 arrows or that plate set just to have some good action. There are some, like me, that don't log on when the majority of KGB logs on, so I'm really left by the wayside during the weekdays, even though I log on a lot of hours. My initial experiment of going out every other day to gank dutchy was a bust. You just lose too much biting off more than you can chew, chasing dutchy for hours and, to be frank, there're aspects of my game that frankly suck. (My 1h vs 2hers)

Thusly, I propose what will, not doubt, be the first of many of my idiotic ideas KGB has to endure ... Fight Club.

The premise: a list on the oracle forums of people interested in doing spontaneous 1v1s or 2v2s.

So if, for instance, nothing's going on and I don't feel like farming mobs, but I don't want to risk my last plate set pvping alone in Dutchy, I can look on the list, and do 1v1s or 2v2s. Your first pvp experience shouldn’t have to be facing a full group of SN, waiting around for hours for a siege, or getting naked ganked at our own bank – instead, it should be of your own choosing.

The objective is simple; get people thinking about how they play, because, to be frank, this isn't a turret game - it DOES take a little bit of "fps" skill to be better at this game.

Where this has worked: Although this may not apply to darkfall, because this is an MMO, but this has worked in my FPS clans of the past. If someone, say a member in one of my Quake Clans, can’t bunny hop properly; I’d jump into a server with him, talk him through the motions, and see how it works. In my ETQW clan, some of our newer members’ aim just wasn’t up to par to compete at the highest level, so we would do 3 v 3s with just guns, giving them tips, or seeing if we could do better. The rules would be simple; check your ego at the door, and the objective isn’t to show how much better you are, but get everyone as good as the best player.

I never tried this in Shadowbane because, to be frank, all we needed to know was how to type /tar [first three letters of the name] and you learned focus fire – even after they took out target, it was preety cut and dry, hit nearest target and fire, so even that was simple.

In Darkfall, there’s a simple list of things I need to work on – 1v1ing versus archers at medium range, 1v1ing versus 2h swords with my 1h sword (if it’s possible), kiting plate players, and do the 180 jump shot I’ve seen players do. There’s buttloads more than can be experimented on, and the skys the limit. As always, this wouldn’t be an all the time thing, and this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. 90% of the time, we’ll be doing farming groups, doing pvp raids and sieges.

However, if your like me, have your skills up high enough that you don’t have to hardcore grind anymore; and want to improve your own pvp skills without having to risk 2 hours of farming each time, then this is a good idea.

Overall, I think the best thing about this is that it opens up people talking about pvp, how to get better, and experimenting and helping those that think they suck in pvp, to actually get better. This is a new game, and even though you think you’re a pve player, your probably better than you think.

I don’t know if I’m alone here, but if this sounds like a good idea, go ahead and you’re your thoughts below. This could be a dumb idea, and if it is, just say so … but, in my experience, it was those clans that went the extra mile, and tried new things that no one was doing … that had the most success.

This should never have been a formal thing, but I just don't know who'd be interested in this kind of thing, hell, maybe later, we could hold a real tourney, and people would be prepared.

-Syloc deKGB.

P.S. The first rule of fight club is to talk about fight club! keke

Last edited by Syloc; 04/24/09 03:39 PM.

Former KGB Member