I don't know about the sticking close together. For example when we were holding the clan house in the failed CoS siege the other day, we had like 4 guys at the top of a set of stairs pushing the enemy offensive back. Luckily the enemy didn't have a mage who saw this, because all I was thinking at the time was "four free kills if I had my elemental magic trained." Those elemental spells deal 35-50 damage I hear, if we stay so closely huddled, just a few shots can wipe half our group.

/Edit: Well, I guess staying in a phalanx formation is a little bit of an extreme, and called for in this very particular situation, but I'm just pointing out something to watch out for. I do agree though that we shouldn't have our groups spread out all throughout the battle.

I particularly liked the original plan (useless since we only had a group and a half, but nice for large tactical battles) where each group is in a different channel, and officers use the speak-to-all command.

This could allow the general to delegate commands to each group, and the knight commander (or designated leader if none is present) in each group chooses how to best act the order.

Last edited by BoSllBibliotequa; 04/07/09 06:39 PM.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]