"The problem I noticed in AOC with "sending a group out to farm" was that over a handful of guild members with some time on their hands thought they were "too cool" to help the guild out by collecting resources. Some people really had only an hour or two a night, but it was the others with 3-4 hours a night and a ton of time on the weekend that didn't show up for the guild. They'd go do their own thing, hang out with themselves or their clique, and not spend even 10% of their time to donate. That goes for everyone from Regular Knights to Royal leaders to Military Leaders to the Paladins. Leadership by example is key for any organization to succeed. When some people think they're beyond that, that's when the machine breaks down, factions are formed, and loyalty disperses to the winds."

Why join a guild if you do not have the greater good of the guild in mind? That would just piss me off to no end if 10% of the people are doing all the work. Maybe we should have a Hamlet for those who contribute less and a fortress for the main contributors - I see myself doing nothing but contributing to the guilds goals 100% until we are comfortably established as one of the servers top guilds.

Hopefully during our meeting this week we will figure out a way to motivate those who think they are better off not contributing? Again why would you even bother joining a guild if you do not have the greater good of the guild in the forefront of your mind?

ugh....

Last edited by Vyse; 02/18/09 10:58 AM.