Correct me if I am wrong...

Building blocks are 250g and 50 stone/50 boards each.

Clan Bank
10 Building Blocks (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards)

Work Bench (for construction/carpentry/tailoring)
10 Building Blocks (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards))

Clan General Store
10 Building Modules (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards)

Placing a bank allows the following to be built.
House x3 (each house adds +10 people that can bind in a city, starts at 20 souls.)
10 Building Blocks (2.500g, 500 Stone, 500 Boards)

Keep
50 Building Blocks (125.000g, 2500 Stone, 2500 Boards)

There are also civic buildings like docks, smithy, alchemist shop, walls etc but I am not sure the requirements for these.

If this is accurate, it will take a hell of a long time to get a city going. All of you in beta know that, I know just hear me out.

Most people will know this going in so what are people going to do? Oh there is a dude harvesting stone lets kill him and that is a quick 20-50 stone. This will be the norm around the starter cities etc.

For those in beta now. Are you scouting areas a solid distance from the city that we can safely gather resources and not have to worry (as much) about the nuisance of getting PKd every time we harvest an hours worth? Also have we thought of a strategy here?

20 people are in. 5 harvesting stone, 5 harvesting wood, 2 harvesting food, 8 PvE/PvP for gold etc.? 1-2 possibly being runners for those harvesting so that the harvesters don’t have to waste time running back and forth?

I just think it will be pointless to seriously try to gather around the city – if anything you will have people wondering what it is like to hit someone so they will look for the easy targets.

Ideal resource gathering area would likely be a wilderness bank with stone/wood/ enemies around it so we can stick in a group in case people decide to go after our resources.

Sorry for being so long winded. I am just trying to get an idea for launch – I know we will be having a pre-launch meeting but this should help at least get people thinking of different strategies for right out of the gate.

Thoughts? Comments?