Going into a wheelchair was easy. from 15-18 walking was really hard and a bit dangerous. I always worried how will I get up from here, will I get knocked over walking accross a busy bar for example. But It was always a challange to myself that I would walk out the school gates at 18 and wasn't willing to fail. So once school was done and I was going to university I was able to go into a wheelchair without any bitterness towards it and it was actually a relief. Most of the big worries I had were gone.

Someone who gets hit by a car and ends up in a wheelchair has it way harder than I did IMO. Suddunly your life is turned upside down. Every challange I have comes slowly and you find a way through it.

Yeah My wife is fantastic. I'm not sure I'd still be around though if it wasn't for meeting her. Facing the fact when I was about 20 that things are getting worse and soon I was going to be total burden on the people I care about was hard. I had to decide if me being around was good for the people around me or not. Things turned out great, I got lucky. No idea how long I'll live, not going to worry about it. Life is there to be enjoyed and to share that enjoyment with those you love and care about. Otherwise whats the point?

Things do get harder as time goes on but we both manage and have a very happy life. There is no point being bitter. It gets you no where. No point being upset about things you can't change.

Yeah I've been very lucky with all the fantastic places I've visited. Unfortunatly as I get worse it is holding me back more but I've done enough in my life to be very happy with it so I won't let it get me down. Andrea is going to Australia in Febuary to visit her sister but I won't be able to go. 12 hour flights are a bitch when you can't go to the toilet on them but they are doable. But the near 24 hours to Australia is just too much. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and can go first class and pay for a couple of big blokes to come with me to help me.

Maybe we should split these posts from the guildwars thread lol. I don't think a thread has ever gone so off topic before.