Quote:

I'm very surprised at your experience Crimthian. Were you both the same level and Class? I'm currently a level 54 hunter and I destroy level 60 epic geared hunters if I come accross them with no mana (same as not using specials).

(Deep, grating, Narrator voice:) It was July of 2005. I was same level (60) fighting a Tauren Warrior - I was a Night Elf Warrior. I had, at the time, 28% crit in battle stance (before I quit it was 30%). He was fully decked out in MC tank gear. He simply outlasted me with all the additional armor and hitpoints. I was only wearing select blues from various 5-10 man dungeon grinds that increased my DPS and Crit percentage (something I usually focus on in games). I'd been playing since April of 2004 in Beta and had seen all the crappy changes come down the pipe (for the umpteenthed time, I'll say it again: they took away player stat allocation to put it all on the items. LAME!) I played for a couple months after that experience, up until October 2005, when I landed a huge role onstage in college as Theo in Steve Martin's "The Underpants" play. I had to quit. When the play was over I had no more desire to come back to grind shitty 40 man raid instances and gear all day long just to stay competive.

If gear is easier to come by for PVPers, that's great. But it still can't make up for the lack of stat allocation per level, and a character generally having little to no effect on his/her environment.

WoW doesn't seem to be a game where you can jump in for one hour or two then log out. It's more like 3-4 minimum. It kills my RL. I'd say the only time of year where I'm willing to blow that kind of time in a partially-fun game world is Jan-March, when it's cold as fuck outside.

Quote:

Yes unfortunatly the pvp isn't as good or as consequential as shadowbane but that had a million and one flaws too and I eagerly await the day that a game manages to get it perfect, fingers crossed for darkfall but for now WoW is the best attempt yet.

My bet is on Age of CONAN; I saw somewhere that they were expecting to release in 2007. Probably 4 years before Darkfall Online.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]