The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Lucieen The Burning Crusade - 01/04/07 11:59 PM
Any of you folks looking to get back into WoW for the expansion?
Posted By: Mordeloth Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 12:00 AM
yeah i am, check with rep for the server we on, its like alter of storms or something
Posted By: Elph Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 01:16 AM
They still haven't released it yet ?
Posted By: Mordeloth Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 03:04 AM
12 days till its released
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 12:16 PM
11 days till Blizard takes over the world
Posted By: Heidi Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 02:30 PM
Wasn't this thing supposed to come out last spring?
Posted By: Elph Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 04:40 PM
or last january lol
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/05/07 04:54 PM
WoW its self should have never came out lol
Posted By: Sini Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/06/07 05:12 PM
I'm thinking of playing WoW:BC with my SO, something relaxing 2 people can do 2h/week. PM me if anything official KGB gets started.
Posted By: Slinger Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/06/07 07:02 PM
There is no such thing as relaxing in WoW if you want to stand a chance in their "competition".
Posted By: Represent Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/07/07 02:16 AM
I got alot of shit already on AoS and still working it is a time consumer thats no question if you wanna get top end shit even with a decent raiding guild you still gotta put time in DKP etc
Posted By: Slinger Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/07/07 02:22 AM
Which is why I quit :-x

Lots of time isn't the same as hard work and player skill, eheh.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/07/07 03:16 AM
Blizzard put out a kewl advertisement on TV, too bad it's like you say such a competitive time sink...
Posted By: Represent Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/07/07 10:52 AM
i wouldn't say it doesn't take skill to kill people either in wow because it sure as hell does not everyone has t3 hell not even 2/10ths on my server bracket is stacked in t2

can go from 60-70 in bc new skills spells talents the arena tournaments and more i gotta give it a try
Posted By: Daye Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 05:18 AM
Nah

Got bored, made a Shaman. Took him to 60 ( again ). Quickly realized why I left the first time. Super skills != super gear in WoW. Period.

You can be the best player on the planet but if your opponent is decked out in T2+ gear and you're not, you die. Horribly, quickly, end of story.

AV ( battleground ) became a pointless waste of time when 95% of Horde simply wants to lose it to get it over with.

Didn't take long to drive me absolutely crazy again. I am fortunate I have a warning trigger that lets me know when to quit playing these games though. I'll share

When you can FEEL your blood pressure pounding in your head and you look at your mouse and the first thought that comes to mind is:

" Just how much velocity would it take to breach the wall with that . . . . . "

It's time to call it quits.

I officially re-closed my account once more and just to be certain I never get another urge to do something so time consuming again, I liquidated all gear and gold, made a whole bunch of new players happy giving it all away and deleted all my characters on all servers.

Never burn the bridge down. I say blow it up. Make SURE you can't ever cross it again.

lol

I feel much better being WoW free once again.

-Daye

I
Posted By: Slinger Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 05:54 AM
Now come play UO with us!
Posted By: Winter Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 08:39 AM
Yep it is time to go back in time to the next level of PvP. UO. I know it sounds wierd but hey, it works. And besides Heidi occasionally rides around on her animals nekked! *wink wink* I have been known to too but.....we wont bring that up LOL
Posted By: Derid Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 10:57 AM

Grats Daye ^_^
Posted By: hydr Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 11:19 AM
WoW is teh lose!

when is blizzard going to make a starcraft MMO!? so we can really z3rg people!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 12:23 PM
I had a dream of a Starcraft MMO tonight, ironically enough.

/edit: in case you were wondering, it was poorly implemented, it was a lot like a Planetside clone, and by the end of the dream I was getting ready to quit.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 05:29 PM
The "Burning Crusade"

Sounds like a clinical mission the navy seamen would go on once returning to the U.S. after hitting all the French and Italian ports...
Posted By: nitekon Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/08/07 11:49 PM
ill be playing tbc, already got a copy pre-ordered. i play horde side on mug'thol, allys are gay =P
Posted By: Lucieen Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 07:27 PM
lol, Daye's post reminded me of an old quote:

"When you win its skill, when they win then its gear".

Anyways, i have my copy preordered and 6 days off on release. The guild i am raiding with is making quite a name for itself.

This is me currently:

http://ctprofiles.net/3593651

I have to say that i don't think i ever would have been as into MMO's as i am now if it weren't for some of my experiences in KGB.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 07:48 PM
Quote:

lol, Daye's post reminded me of an old quote:

Maybe for a youngster. I won against plenty of opponents that had similar ranking gear as me, but I knew what skills to use and when - but sometimes I would lose to someone who had crap gear and was a Very talented player. One time I lost to someone who was in full raid gear and literally only used auto-attack and their Tauren racial stun skill on me - and they won 3 out of 5 times. I was out-geared and used every skill at the right times and on the money. Quite obviously, it was the gear that won, and my opponent (we were fighting off to the Northwest in STV) knew it was his gear, which is why he wouldn't use his skills and kept laughing all the way. WOW is way too item-centric and IMO can hardly be called a real PVP game. IMO, to win in PVP the formula should look something simple like: Player Skill > Character Stats/Abilities per situation > Gear. If the game works the other way around, then it only caters to those who have less skill but an infinite amount of time to play.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I consider myself a Darwinist - Natural selection, survival of the fittest; the whole philosophy. Games like WOW cater to the opposite and therefore; to me, make no sense whatsoever.
Posted By: Lucieen Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 08:01 PM
I'm not disputing that gear is the great equalizer at all Crim.

Just that the sentiment is there and that i find it humorous.
Posted By: Bishop Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 09:36 PM
Quote:

So true lol : P

I really wish i had a chance to play a good mmo again before i leave.
Posted By: Represent Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 09:37 PM
id say name the item that makes this all magical difference
Posted By: Slinger Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 10:59 PM
Tier what gear?
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/09/07 11:12 PM
Quote:

id say name the item that makes this all magical difference

The Sword of 1000 Truths
Posted By: Bishop Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/10/07 03:04 AM
haha
Posted By: Fleeting Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/10/07 09:00 AM
Blizzard have done a very good job improveing the game lately imo. You really can be competative in PVP now without being a hardcore raider. Sure the people who put months of work into their gear will have an advantage and so they should but the fights will still be very competative.

I'm very surprised at your experience Crimthian. Were you both the same level and Class? I'm currently a level 54 hunter and I destroy level 60 epic geared hunters if I come accross them with no mana (same as not using specials).

Decent quality gear is very easy to optain now. Blizzard have changed the horrible pvp system (really what were they thinking? we all said it was a terrible idea as soon as it was implemented) now you don't need to dedicate your life to pvp. You PVP, you earn honor, you spend your honor on some very nice items. It's fun and rewarding all the way through your characters life too, Run a few battlegrounds at lvl 18 say and you will be able to buy a nice blue item with your honor.

Burning crusade adds an arena system for people who want 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 battles and also I belive there is alot more world pvp added.

They are making raids more accessable too by reduceing the raid size from 40 to 25 and making most new raid dungeons winged. So your raid can chose to do just the wing that it wants and thus you arn't dedicating a massive block of time.

I'll be buying the burning crusade and leveling up to 70 (unless Darkfall comes out shortly) and the nice thing about WoW is once you get bored you can sell your account for a nice profit. This is my 3rd time playing WoW, the first time there was no endgame content and I quit (and made a nice profit) second time the pvp system forced you to do nothing but pvp (no alts etc) if you wanted to progress and I quickly got burnt out and quit (and made a nice profit) but now I think they have got it pretty right and it's fun weather you have an hour or all day to play, I'm impressed and I expect to hang around here untill KGB moves into a new game.

It's defiantly the most fun mmo I've played during the leveling process. Yes unfortunatly the pvp isn't as good or as consequential as shadowbane but that had a million and one flaws too and I eagerly await the day that a game manages to get it perfect, fingers crossed for darkfall but for now WoW is the best attempt yet.
Posted By: Winter Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/10/07 12:08 PM
Bishop you can come play on one of my UO accounts before you leave. hehehehhe
Posted By: Crimthan Re: The Burning Crusade - 01/10/07 05:15 PM
Quote:

I'm very surprised at your experience Crimthian. Were you both the same level and Class? I'm currently a level 54 hunter and I destroy level 60 epic geared hunters if I come accross them with no mana (same as not using specials).

(Deep, grating, Narrator voice:) It was July of 2005. I was same level (60) fighting a Tauren Warrior - I was a Night Elf Warrior. I had, at the time, 28% crit in battle stance (before I quit it was 30%). He was fully decked out in MC tank gear. He simply outlasted me with all the additional armor and hitpoints. I was only wearing select blues from various 5-10 man dungeon grinds that increased my DPS and Crit percentage (something I usually focus on in games). I'd been playing since April of 2004 in Beta and had seen all the crappy changes come down the pipe (for the umpteenthed time, I'll say it again: they took away player stat allocation to put it all on the items. LAME!) I played for a couple months after that experience, up until October 2005, when I landed a huge role onstage in college as Theo in Steve Martin's "The Underpants" play. I had to quit. When the play was over I had no more desire to come back to grind shitty 40 man raid instances and gear all day long just to stay competive.

If gear is easier to come by for PVPers, that's great. But it still can't make up for the lack of stat allocation per level, and a character generally having little to no effect on his/her environment.

WoW doesn't seem to be a game where you can jump in for one hour or two then log out. It's more like 3-4 minimum. It kills my RL. I'd say the only time of year where I'm willing to blow that kind of time in a partially-fun game world is Jan-March, when it's cold as fuck outside.

Quote:

Yes unfortunatly the pvp isn't as good or as consequential as shadowbane but that had a million and one flaws too and I eagerly await the day that a game manages to get it perfect, fingers crossed for darkfall but for now WoW is the best attempt yet.

My bet is on Age of CONAN; I saw somewhere that they were expecting to release in 2007. Probably 4 years before Darkfall Online.
© The KGB Oracle