I think the spirit of your discourse has some merit, but you miss the Marx (sorry, I'm feeling punny this morning) a bit
when it comes to the big picture.

Most notably in your focus on Sanders. While I could write several dissertations on various disagreements I have with
some of his various economic views, I think a fundamental understanding of his point of view is useful. He looks towards
the northern Euro polities for inspiration.

Of greater importance, is his longstanding opposition to various attempts at removing the political rights enshrined
in the Bill of Rights. As well as his general historic opposition to most useless wars. Wars, it should be noted, are
corrosive towards free societies as well as being the most expensive (corporate) welfare program known to man.

As one example, just look at how much money was spent on handing Iraq over to Iran and Isis.

Bernie has never been a friend to the NSA or the Security-Industrial state either, hence the Establishment's attempts to
suppress him.

If some of his supporters still hold delusions of Communism, that doesn't mean that Bernie himself is Communist.

Bernie isn't the problem here. Hillary, Trump, Cruz, the NYC/DC media and banking establishments are the problem.

Fascism in the US doesn't look much like fascism in the WW2 countries, nor will it. Which is why so many people have
a hard time detecting it. One big difference between historical Communist and Fascist regimes, and modern ones, is State ownership of the
means of production is no longer necessary or desired.

It's far more effective to control the money, and thus the media.

Society's boogeymen learn and evolve just like any other social group. They've learned it's far more effective to just
print endless money to dole out, and spend billions convincing people that their political rights are actually bad for them
than it is to just go around shooting and jailing people.

You are right though about how hostile some segments of society, particularly the Left Coast, are to free speech and
critical thought.

Last edited by Derid; 03/21/16 06:34 AM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)