Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Dracus died some years ago. We have lost a few ourselves over that time, the most notable was probably Toxiclore. I really miss that guy, made me always seem so happy in comparison..LOL

Tox was a worthy player to be sure, you are always such a glitter rainbow of joy Vuldan, I doubt even the mighty Tox could rival your grouchy ass.

On a MMO gaming note I believe games featuring/focusing on pvp or conquest and siege should first go back to the roots of what MMOs are based on which is paper and pencil role playing games. Diversity of race/class, and rolling/placing of statistics and skills. I like Hybrid class/skill systems because they favor diversity and allow players a greater freedom in the type and style of game they like to play. I believe that social mechanics also need to be implemented to better foster communal game play and create player driven story. I believe ensuring a game has the proper social toolsets for clans to recruit, declare war/peace, make alliances, build/train together, organize and structure ranks and maintain order for better communication, and finally display their achievements to the entire game community, manage their lands and so forth. Is a game where pvp and conquest will thrive.

The problem is current trends and game design standards do not take into account the various needs of their communities or social groups and virtually none of the current games trace any mechanics back to roleplaying paper and pencil gaming. Everything is preset, "balanced", and pre-scripted, from raids to pvp, you are given the illusion of choice, and enticed with shinies to placate your desires.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]