Yep I thought so, I definitely remember that day, I was a original founder of Cadre Quietus, a Prime Echelon and Principle Elder of the Clan which created and maintained Covenant of the Swords Alliance for Shadowbane, we fought everyone and in the end we fought each other. Cadre Quietus suffered terribly from internal strife as certain leaders sought to seize control of the Clan at it's height in Shadowbane, namely Zorak with his PRX cronies. The old guard was being pushed out and younger, newer, less respectful people were recruited to bolster our war footing. It meant for less politics and more slaughter, a reason Treachery fell to COS so easily, until the Empire could not be everywhere to defend everything, and Zorak made up some BS about community supportive scaling back of operations, when the reality was the entire server had put the pressure on him. By that time we who were True Cadre had left. I think many people had been caught in the crossfire of the internal strife, or coup if you will.

On the MMO front there are many burgeoning game designers here, some professionals as well, and enthusiasts like me who have or are doing the same thing you have. I've personally written so much on the ideologies and psychologies centered around pvp and mmo design that it's sickening to know it will never be applied or recognized anywhere. I've trolled professional game design forums and chat rooms for years and spoken to some very interesting people concerning the industry standards and game design trends which trouble me as well as those which show great promise, but either way have never had any opportunity nor the proper credentials to support my theorems. Much of what I have gleaned has come from years of game play and living digitally from within various social groupings. I believe the social aspects of pvp feed a great many deep seated needs, and designing a game which caters to those needs can be done but must have specific mechanics which offer the players greater choices and freedoms than most MMOs have done to date.

PvP nowadays has been distilled down to either a battlefield confrontation between small groups (which I liken to "a knife fight in a phone booth") or horribly done mass scale where your combat awareness is stipped from you as the screen fills up to the point where you cannot tell friend from foe, let alone target anyone specific, (which I call "fighting in a shopping mall")

Last edited by Drakiis; 10/04/14 12:13 AM.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]