Quote:

Rahl, Tribes is just a regular FPS. An MMOFPS would be say Planetside, Neocron, or the upcoming Chronicles of Spellborn, Darkfall, and I believe Conan. All of these games have thousands of people per server logged in at the same time. Tribes just has 32.

Additionally, it may be free, but it's just too old, man. There's little interest in it. If you want a free game, look at America's Army, you may get people to go for that.

Indeed Tribes was good in its day!

I have fond memories of playing it on my AMD 120 and dual-3dFX Voodoo2 cards running SLI! Then with Tribes II, Dynamix began to have some trouble. The "Tribes games" were revolutionary in their time (the very early days of the Internet), but that was a while ago now. Sierra recently released this as a "freebie" to promote Tribes Vengeance, which is also a cool game - unfortunately it didn't do so well on the market. Sure, it is fun - and a multi-player FPS but it is nowhere near an MMO (32 players does not an MMO make).

Surely KGB isn't only tied to MMO's, but it is the best venue for us to have a lasting presence.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers