The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Rahl New Branch of KGB - 11/14/06 11:07 PM
If any one would like to submit there views on starting a branch of KGB on Tribes Please tell us. Tribes is a free game and takes less than 30 min to download it is fun and a MMOFPS
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/15/06 01:00 PM
link us
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/15/06 10:35 PM
k
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/15/06 10:38 PM
http://www.download.com/Starsiege-Tribes-full-install/3000-7453_4-10294999.html?tag=lst-0-3
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/15/06 10:42 PM
My names in tribes are revan and KGB-Rahl look for me i will mostly be on (=SK=)Paintball 1.11 i am working on a KGB owned and opperated Paintball channel I will go ahead and create a KGB channel until i can get the Paintball up i am going to password it pm me when you are ready to get on and i will give you the pass since this is not a privit chat it will not be secure enough to trust it.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/16/06 05:43 AM
That tribes... It's an mmo? Isn't it just a regular FPS? Downloading, I guess I'll post again once it's installed tomorrow after class.
Posted By: Elph Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/20/06 02:13 AM
You can't start a branch of KGB when you are not a full KGB member.
Posted By: syev Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/20/06 03:55 AM
why are you making characters named "kgb-rahl"?
Posted By: Raekwon Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/20/06 01:32 PM
lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/20/06 09:28 PM
Quote:

they let you use the tag, why cant he keekles
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/20/06 11:30 PM
because i have been talking 2 Jetstar and i figured it went through its been a few months and i wasnt starting it i was getting opinios on it for Jetstar to see how many ppl would want to play and I wanted to at least get it out that there is a fun mmofps out there that KGB could start on and i am hopeing to get the aproval from Jet asap so we can get it started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 12:22 AM
the reason i have KGB- ---- names is i want to shut ppl up about inviteing me and i am doing some pre work for if or when tribes is aproved
Posted By: pawnseye Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 12:55 AM
Quote:

because i have been talking 2 Jetstar and i figured it went through its been a few months and i wasnt starting it i was getting opinios on it for Jetstar to see how many ppl would want to play and I wanted to at least get it out that there is a fun mmofps out there that KGB could start on and i am hopeing to get the aproval from Jet asap so we can get it started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I started out trying to read that how it was written, then quickly inserted periods as i began to passout. Other than that I have nothing usefull to add to this conversation, thank you.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 03:24 AM
Rahl, Tribes is just a regular FPS. An MMOFPS would be say Planetside, Neocron, or the upcoming Chronicles of Spellborn, Darkfall, and I believe Conan. All of these games have thousands of people per server logged in at the same time. Tribes just has 32.

Additionally, it may be free, but it's just too old, man. There's little interest in it. If you want a free game, look at America's Army, you may get people to go for that.
Posted By: Taxman Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 04:48 PM
Quote:

Rahl, Tribes is just a regular FPS. An MMOFPS would be say Planetside, Neocron, or the upcoming Chronicles of Spellborn, Darkfall, and I believe Conan. All of these games have thousands of people per server logged in at the same time. Tribes just has 32.

Additionally, it may be free, but it's just too old, man. There's little interest in it. If you want a free game, look at America's Army, you may get people to go for that.

Indeed Tribes was good in its day!

I have fond memories of playing it on my AMD 120 and dual-3dFX Voodoo2 cards running SLI! Then with Tribes II, Dynamix began to have some trouble. The "Tribes games" were revolutionary in their time (the very early days of the Internet), but that was a while ago now. Sierra recently released this as a "freebie" to promote Tribes Vengeance, which is also a cool game - unfortunately it didn't do so well on the market. Sure, it is fun - and a multi-player FPS but it is nowhere near an MMO (32 players does not an MMO make).

Surely KGB isn't only tied to MMO's, but it is the best venue for us to have a lasting presence.
Posted By: Elph Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 06:56 PM
Rahl you need to read the pm that I have sent you about your application
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 09:55 PM
I did
Posted By: Longshanks Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/21/06 11:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

What up Gimpy?
Posted By: Raekwon Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/22/06 07:49 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Wow I started out trying to read that how it was written, then quickly inserted periods as i began to passout. Other than that I have nothing usefull to add to this conversation, thank you.

It helps if you read it after drinking a cup of coffee, a red bull or "Rock star", taken 2 green tea pills and followed it with a mountain dew. As he probably did when writing it.... think south park characters.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/22/06 02:04 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What up Gimpy?

not to much playing some guild wars with syev derid and hydr
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/26/06 06:54 PM
You guys do know that this is just a place to submit your ideas of creating a KGB branch on tribes or diablo.
Posted By: Owain Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/26/06 10:37 PM
I think that the reason there are no posts is that there is no interest. As Tax noted above, these games are not MMO's, and as such, don't hold a great deal of interest.

But keep slingin' the ideas. We've done weirder shit around here...
Posted By: Slinger Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/27/06 07:03 AM
Alright, I want a closed faction for Counter Strike: Source. The highest ranked officer decides which bomb site we'll go to every round. Done deal.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/27/06 12:44 PM
I'm there, Bishop probably is as well.
Posted By: Slinger Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/27/06 05:16 PM
Will HC or VC have any power in CS, or will G5 have all of the power due to the nature of the game? lol

Ok, I'm done pretending we're going to make a CS faction and you can have this thread back, I'm bored with it.

Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/28/06 10:57 PM
How about a KGB astrual world branch it could be the leading guild of the astrual world what do you guys think about it? Ask ? all you want i will answer anything you want to know about it just when we are ready or if we are ready to start it tell me and i will make it the top guild. k?
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 12:28 AM
astrual?
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:25 AM
A world were you can do anything and i mean anything you want to put it simply.
Posted By: Slinger Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:29 AM
Real life?

Link please.
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:53 AM
Real life not realy a link because its not a game parsay.
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:55 AM
Il see if i can find a good site to help describe it.
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:57 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/psychicastraltech.html

heres a site.
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:58 AM
but the tecniques are not the best to learn i know and use the easyest way so if you wana learn just ask.
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:59 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

heres another one.
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 03:07 AM
hi jet
Posted By: JetStar Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 03:12 AM
This is getting better by the minute.

Quote:

Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experiences (OBEs) achieved either awake or via lucid dreaming, deep meditation, or use of psychotropics. Proponents of astral projection maintain that their consciousness or soul has transferred into an astral body (or "double"), which moves en tandem with the physical body in a parallel world known as the astral plane.

Hey Rahl, why not astral travel over to the liquor store and get the High King a 12 pack?
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 03:16 AM
Sounds good y not just come over i have a 24 downstairs.
Posted By: JetStar Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 03:18 AM
Posted By: Rahl Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 03:19 AM
lol
Posted By: JetStar Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 03:41 AM
Quote:

but the tecniques are not the best to learn i know and use the easyest way so if you wana learn just ask.

Drop acid (LSD)?
Posted By: Raekwon Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 01:49 PM
Riiiight.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 02:48 PM
Quote:

Quote:

ROFLMAO.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 02:49 PM
Quote:

This is getting better by the minute.

Quote:

Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experiences (OBEs) achieved either awake or via lucid dreaming, deep meditation, or use of psychotropics. Proponents of astral projection maintain that their consciousness or soul has transferred into an astral body (or "double"), which moves en tandem with the physical body in a parallel world known as the astral plane.

Hey Rahl, why not astral travel over to the liquor store and get the High King a 12 pack?

holy shit I just woke Emily up I was laughing so loud.
Posted By: Owain Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 04:11 PM
Quote:

How about a KGB astrual world branch it could be the leading guild of the astrual world what do you guys think about it? Ask ? all you want i will answer anything you want to know about it just when we are ready or if we are ready to start it tell me and i will make it the top guild. k?

I think I speak for the entire KGB when I say, "Huhhhh?"

I know I SURE haven't a clue what you are talking about, and from the other requests for links and things, it seems that no one else does either.

So, a KGB astrual world branch. Yeah. What the Hell. Sounds cool. Let's do it! I would be even MORE interested if I actually knew what the hell you were talking about!

Until then...
Posted By: JetStar Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 04:16 PM
You know, I am starting to think Rahl might be a better match with CxC? What do you guys think?
Posted By: hydr Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 04:40 PM
L O L! I concur!
Posted By: Derid Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 06:20 PM

Jet I am sending you the bill for my keyboard. As soon as the burning sensation in my nasal cavity subsides, and my eyes stop watering.

Also including reimbursement request for the lost coffee that ended up on my keyboard.
Posted By: Taxman Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 06:45 PM
Quote:

No thanks, I think I'll keep my mind where it is comfortable.. inside my own head.

However, if you want an easy out-of-body experience I can smack you so hard that you could wake up in another dimension. Seriously, put down the "canned air" and step away from the keyboard.

Incidentally, you need to learn how to spell, "astural" is not "astral". It might do you some good to download Firefox 2.0... it has on-the-go spell-checking. Here is a ---> link

P.S. Thanks Jet/Owain/Derid/Hydr... all my co-workers are looking at me funny because I just busted out laughing. At least I wasn't drinking anything to ruin my keyboard.
Posted By: Owain Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 07:06 PM
Oh, no. Do NOT tell me that Rahl is seriously talking about astral projection, and he want us to all join him there.

Buddy, see that BIG gun in my sig? Don't make me want to use it...
Posted By: Taxman Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 09:01 PM
I dunno, maybe he gets better ping with Astral Projection?

Lower latency, less lag, higher throughput?

(Taxman Google's for an AP-LAN card)
Posted By: Elph Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 09:36 PM
you are all fucking weird!
Posted By: chaulootz Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 10:04 PM
Quote:

Who is this person named Weird? and why is everyone...oh nevermind, I probably don't want to know.
Posted By: Slinger Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/29/06 10:07 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Who is this person named Weird? and why is everyone...oh nevermind, I probably don't want to know.

No, it's ok Chaulootz... Weird is the KGB whore, if you aren't fucking weird you can't be in KGB. :P
Posted By: Heidi Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/30/06 12:31 AM
I think this whole idea is a few decades too late. I'm certain the flower power posse of the 70's would just jump right on this.
Posted By: nethervoid Re: New Branch of KGB - 11/30/06 03:12 PM
Maybe he's projecting himself from the 70's.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: New Branch of KGB - 12/05/06 10:00 PM
I saw my astral self one time, I was smoking pot on the way to the movies and I left my body and floated about 3 feet up and looked back down at myself !!
Posted By: syev Re: New Branch of KGB - 12/08/06 02:17 PM
Quote:

I saw my astral self one time, I was smoking pot on the way to the movies and I left my body and floated about 3 feet up and looked back down at myself !!

...are you sure you weren't looking into a puddle? lol
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: New Branch of KGB - 12/08/06 04:37 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: Heidi Re: New Branch of KGB - 12/09/06 03:33 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAAHH

You guys crack me up
© The KGB Oracle