For cost control and best chance of early full support from CIG there are really only two choices. One being just a flight stick, the other being a HOTAS.

The best bang for the buck is going to be the Logitech 3D Pro, which you can find at most retail outlets or on Amazon for under $35 bucks. This is a solid manf. and quality flight stick with a very high level of driver support and will be one of three or four sticks I expect supported in Alpha.

The other choice in a higher end stick w/ HOTAS is the Saitek X52, either the standard or the Pro. The Pro has a little better look and functionality to it and imho is the better of the two Saitek sticks in the long run if expect to spend a lot of time playing this title and want to play it competitively.

Once we get an actual title to play and are in the Beta stages by then you should be able to determine if you want a VR or AR controller like the Occulus Rift (VR) or the TrackIR v5 (AR).

Once we go live and have a fully functional title and we know just how much of a Flight Sim vs Space Sim this title will be you may want to add flight pedals to your mix. This is where the Saitek has considerable functionality advantages over the Logitech stick. If you just want a flight stick, go for the Logitech. If you want more functionality and control with the ability to upgrade seamlessly, then the Siatek X52 is for you.

Edit: For the record I own both of these sticks and stand behind both of them for quality and functionality in highly competitve flight/combat sim games like IL-II, RoF, BF, and MW-4/LL.

If you want a high end "Flight Sim" Pedal & Rudder then the Warthog or maybe the X55 depending on support. I don't expect CIG to give us a full Space Flight Sim. I also don't expect them to give us an Arcade Flight Sim as CR has stated several times he is building an immerseive space flight PC game....

Last edited by Tasorin; 11/18/13 12:16 PM.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!