Originally Posted By: sini
Derid, you started this thread with "Warmest temperatures in 4k yrs claim = bad science" title.

Warmest temperatures = global warming
bad science = not true

So just in your title you say just that and now you are claiming that I'm attacking a straw man.

To further demonstrate my point - your fellow conservatives rallied to "no global warming" claim and are not even subtle in outright denying it happening and you are not in any way or form correcting them.

Just admit that your dogma is unscientific and ride your horse-and-buggy over to the nearest town to register your "no global warmish" religion.

/facepalm

Yes the fact that the earth is currently on warming trend does not mean that the paper claiming that we are currently the warmest in 4k is correct.

So you are asserting that the paper *is* correct? Lets be clear on this.

Because if you are not asserting that, then yes you are in fact attacking a straw man. The "4k year" claim in title was a direct reference to the contents of the post , which referenced a particular paper that made rounds through a particular news cycle. If you are talking about anything other than this , you are talking about something I am not.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)