Originally Posted By: Morlander
i find it hard to take you seriously with the replys you have made to this and previous posts you want a game that is instant win which i honestly find sad

keep multi boxing diablo im sure thats great fun...

arkh i spent over a year grinding with you in dfo

what happened to make you unwilling to play a game that takes effort

I am not against grinding per se.
But in a PvP oriented game, I think the PvP aspect of your character should not depend on individual grind.

You should be able to use ANY item you're given by anyone (your pals, mob kills, player kills etc.) with the same efficiency as another player (minus your twitch skill). As I said, I want to be able to give the items I grinded to a new player and not be bothered by the fact he won't be able to use it before he grinds his ass for 1h / week / month.

I loved DFO, that's why I played it for so long. But after 6 months of playing it, when someone asked me if he should play I had to tell him "no unless you want to pay a recurring fee for months letting your PC run when you sleep and work before being able to enjoy it". That's why the game died.

Let grind be a group effort, something for guilds: crafting skills, getting resources to build shit, quests. But let individual players not have to go through stupid shit before having a chance in PvP. That's how you make people want to try PvP. That's how you make guilds something which matters in a game.

I tell you: if AV launched a third server with no grind at all for the PvP skills and attributes, they'd make millions.

PS: I understand some people think that "putting time in the game should give them a direct advantage" but that's exactly like endorsing pay to win games. Time is money.

Last edited by Arkh; 03/08/13 10:09 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]