Originally Posted By: sinij
No, You're the Racist, or Blogging About Obama Phones

Quote:
Because a video of a black woman with bad teeth and a poor grasp of the history of the Universal Service Fund proves that Democrats are stupid, lazy, and, oh, black. "That is a real Obama voter." We say, that's racist.

The point of the video -- and the reason Drudge and Limbaugh hyped it -- is to say, this is what Obama voters look like: black, poor, stupid, and after your money. The video's subject wasn't picked out because she "happens to be black," she was picked out because she is black. Lee Atwater, strategist for Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush, explained how this works way back in 1981 -- better to talk about cutting taxes and bussing, because it's "a hell of a lot more abstract than 'Nigger, nigger.'" Of course, this Internet meme isn't all that abstract.

USF
Universal service
I'd bet most of conservatives here have no clue what USF/US is, aside from 2$-ish fee on the phone bill.
This is the most asinine thing you've posted lately. I'm sure that all of us who actually care about how our money is spent have investigated every charge on our phone bills, seen the ridiculous taxes we pay for the "privilege" of having a phone and know very well that there is a small fee on there to help out folks who cannot pay their phone bills. There is a similar charge on your power bill and an option to donate to help folks who can't pay their bills. Do you ever donate?

The idea that this video is racist is absolutely ludicrous. This is a perfect example of the way you guys spin at 6 million RPM to try and claim that any refutation of Obama's policies is racist. Totally partisan and totally baseless.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]