The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Morlander crafting this run - 01/16/13 03:54 AM
lets not have everyone crafting everything
i am doing construction to build the bank in the hamlet and then engineering to make siege gear
post what your doing if your crafting
atm lux is doing armor and wolf is doing weapons i think
donations of mats to get these guys up and running is key as well as gold
the armor and weapons is top priority
Posted By: Luxor Re: crafting this run - 01/16/13 10:43 AM
I am currently at 46 armorcrafting. I am in need of rawhide/leather, and of course ingots. Once I hit 75, and can make plate, I will craft what is needed for the guild, but will not grind, instead let the resources be used for other crafts, or let another armor crafter gain skill.

The guild bank has lots of chain, and a fair amount of scale armor. Please help yourselves. If the chain does not get used we will have to sell for 1gp, or just destroy, so use it or we loose it.

To get armor better then plate (str 70) will be full plate (str 110), and will need the master armor skill at 10000 prowess, and also master smelter also 10000 prowess. One without the other is useless.

To get to 100 smelting required close to 25k ore in the last beta. I see this as a push after we have R4 weapons, (weaponcrafting, bower, staff crafting), and level 75 crafter in leatherworking and tailoring.

If anyone is interested in taking on any of these crafting skills please speak up. As Morlander said, we don't want multiple people grinding the same crafts.

My notes on engineering was that 750 fossils would be needed to get from level 1-25 and then another 5500 fossils to make 1250 black powder to go from 25-50. So save/donate those fossils to Morlander. I dont think they have any other use. I believe making light battle spikes is a waste.
Posted By: Kegir Re: crafting this run - 01/16/13 04:09 PM
I don't play have as much playing time as you guys but I will work up fletching since you guys are working on the others. I love bows and arrows:)
Posted By: Heidi Re: crafting this run - 01/16/13 05:55 PM
Just harvesting for me. If we ever need more of a certain item let me know and I will focus on it otherwise I try to bring up each to +500 at a time (outside of leather my spawn is camped since the wipe)
Posted By: Valaria Re: crafting this run - 01/16/13 07:02 PM
pretty much be doing the same as heidi. harvesting what I can.
Posted By: Hare Re: crafting this run - 01/16/13 11:15 PM
I can probably fund most of the crafting up to at least 50 for a primary crafter, not sure about construction the cost isn't linear like weapon and armor. So farm I have put in a couple thousand gold for Luxors crafting. Whoever is doing weapons let me know and I will contribute a similar amount. Might be Wolfgang?

I will be doing some tailoring, weaving and staff crafting probably up to 50.
Posted By: Corpus Re: crafting this run - 01/17/13 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Luxor
I am currently at 46 armorcrafting. I am in need of rawhide/leather, and of course ingots. Once I hit 75, and can make plate, I will craft what is needed for the guild, but will not grind, instead let the resources be used for other crafts, or let another armor crafter gain skill.

The guild bank has lots of chain, and a fair amount of scale armor. Please help yourselves. If the chain does not get used we will have to sell for 1gp, or just destroy, so use it or we loose it.

To get armor better then plate (str 70) will be full plate (str 110), and will need the master armor skill at 10000 prowess, and also master smelter also 10000 prowess. One without the other is useless.

To get to 100 smelting required close to 25k ore in the last beta. I see this as a push after we have R4 weapons, (weaponcrafting, bower, staff crafting), and level 75 crafter in leatherworking and tailoring.

If anyone is interested in taking on any of these crafting skills please speak up. As Morlander said, we don't want multiple people grinding the same crafts.

My notes on engineering was that 750 fossils would be needed to get from level 1-25 and then another 5500 fossils to make 1250 black powder to go from 25-50. So save/donate those fossils to Morlander. I dont think they have any other use. I believe making light battle spikes is a waste.

Thanks I took some Chain pieces.
Posted By: Corpus Re: crafting this run - 01/17/13 02:06 AM
I will help craft if needed but think I would be a better gatherer (yes, that is a word). I had over 30K ingots when df went down.

Speaking of which, is the Grove producing?
Posted By: Morlander Re: crafting this run - 01/18/13 12:55 AM
edited... double post
Posted By: Morlander Re: crafting this run - 01/18/13 12:56 AM
i have set valaria with the task of smelting and smelting mastery help her out by not smelting our ore and making her do it

as well i have done the same with our lumber and i have asked hiedi to do this and try to get the mastery for it so our weapon and armor guys dont need to have 20k prowess to progress
dont have a leather guy yet
Posted By: Cheerio Re: crafting this run - 01/18/13 12:58 AM
grove is 150 building mods i believe, quite an investment.

i will be gathering. im going to call it right here how it should be:

crafters pull mats and gold, everyone else only pulls gear. farm your own damn gold, and donate everything else. every person who messes around with crafting deprives our crafters of skill n slows them down:
think it thru- tanning mastery, smelting mastery, woodcutting mastery, THEN you can get A SINGLE mastery that actually makes stuff. 40,000 prowess just for crafting. they need those points from tanning, smelting, etc.

t
Posted By: Corpus Re: crafting this run - 01/18/13 01:18 AM
Very true but also remember it's a game, some people still like to do that stuff even when other people get picked. I have seen people picked who were lower than me and I crafted anyway. I would of if they were higher.

In beta I have no desire to craft other then to get a idea of how it is going to be.
Posted By: Cheerio Re: crafting this run - 01/18/13 06:24 AM
i apologize. my comments are early game/launch directed.
Posted By: Luxor Re: crafting this run - 01/18/13 07:45 AM
I had been doing smelting to keep a stedy supply of ignots, but I agree with what Mord said, and will stop. It is going to take about 25k in ore to get Valaria to gm. She will need all we can give her.

I have reached 75 armorsmith, and can now make plate armor. If someone wants to be a jr armorsmith, we can use some help in crafting chain, and keeping the guild supplied in lower level gear. I do not get any gain from low level crafting. I will do it if needed to keep the guild geared, but if someone else wants the prowess, it is easy to get.

I do not think that putting time and resources into building a grove is worth it. We are not in need of steedgrass, or cotton. This is easy enough to get in the safe zones, or around the hamlet currently. If this is the only way to get rares, then maybe, but I still don't think it is worth it. It will only draw attention to us and make us a takeover target.

I think that we are getting close to needing an alchemist. This seems like it will be key to successful PvP. The bottleneck (so to speak) will be the empty bottles. If anyone finds a good source let me us know. My alt (Bondi) can take this on, if no one else is interested.

Regarding Ismash comments... This is just a game, but it is fun to see how we can work together. This means we take on roles, and specialize. If you have not been picked to be a crafter, then you should only use what you gather to play around with, and not take the guild supplies for your testing, unless agreed upon.

Now that I can make plate I will try and keep 3 sets in the guild bank for people to take as needed. We currently have 10 sets of banded. Just for your information the costs/resources for the different sets are as follows:
Chain... 10 gold/ 16 ignots/12 leather (need 10 str)
Scale... 80 gold/ 32 ignots/16 leather (need 20 str)
Banded.. 250 gold/ 64 ignots/28 leather (need 40 str)
Plate... 500 gold/128 ignots/45 leather (need 70 str)
+ more for fails...

Posted By: Hare Re: crafting this run - 01/20/13 01:21 AM
A grove is wood but yes we don't really need wood either.

In my opinion a 500 gold set of armor should not be used grinding skill ups on mobs. That's what the chain is for. If the bank gets full it should be distributed to those that can use it. Otherwise we should bank and accumulate the chain. Its worth more than a gold per unit.
© The KGB Oracle