January 11th, 2021 - Year 24

WELCOME ONE AND ALL! WE HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS FOR YOU TODAY

KGB’s first ever Triple Triad intercompany championship tournament has concluded with Exey O’dababy coming out on top. The fan favorite and Vice Chancellor of the free company, pulled out all stops with his infamous Bartz card, championing himself to victory. In a close and respectable second place, Bladejewel DeKgb, an up and coming new star, rose the ranks but was unable to clinch a victory against the more seasoned veteran. We look forward to watching Bladejewel’s career closely in future card tournaments. To all other players who participated in KGB’s first ever Triple Triad tournament, a hearty thanks is in order and good luck next time.

[Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

Did you know that the world of Hydaelyn consists mostly of water? It is because of this that High Chancellor Selenian set up an exploratory committee to research the viability of underwater research and exploration. Well today I can finally announce that the KGB Underwater Research Institute (KGB-URI) has created a prototype underwater vehicle, which they dubbed a “submarine”. The research so far has borne some fruit. While exploring the Ivory Shoals, The Sub, known as Boaty McBoatface (sigh), was able to unearth some ancient Aether crystals, which will be taken back to the institute for further study.

[Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

The KGB-URI is working hard on building a second submarine as we speak. The Free-companies harvesters are hard at work delivering the much needed supplies. Long time company harvester, Rufin Raffinador, said “Twas not difficult gathering the sorely needed materials. Verily, it was but time consuming. I of’t not find myself sleeping many nights and these hands borne witness to the countless hours towards that endeavor. Aye, but borne of these deeds, did a deeper understanding and meaning accrue. Not only did I help my friends, but in doing so helped myself”.

Finally, you may have noticed but the Free Company estate has undergone some changes. In the basement you will find a fully stocked bar, replete with a modern Garlemald television for watching the latest episodes of Inspector Hildibrand. Upstairs, a new addition of a fish tank and some rare fish have been included in honor of our successful underwater explorations.

Wishing you and yours a spectacular twenty-second year of the Second Astral Era

-A modern-day scholar of Eorzean history, Goriom Tenbrook