Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB

KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
1 members (Donkleaps), 56 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,906 Trump card
1,342,130 Picture Thread
480,171 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I was reading this article on Dennis Rodman and how he's broke. There's a guy that works for the company I do as a painter. He looked very familiar to me, some people have said he was a former college basketball player. I never indulged any further about it.

So I have been training a guy and we were talking about Pro Athletes that had it all but blew it. We were talking about this painter that works with us. This painters name is Richard Dumas, you may best know him from the Phoenix Suns. IN 1993 he helped take the team the the NBA finals against the Bulls. Dumas was dubbed the next great player if he could keep his life straight. Here's a highlight video of him from the NBA 1993 finals. He had a big problem with drugs mostly cocaine. Now he's a painter and has nothing to show for his promising career that he once had in the NBA.

He will not talk with anyone when they bring up basketball. Don't say I can blame him, if I had blown a chance like that I wouldn't want to relive it either. It's amazing to me that someone had a golden ticket, he played with the best of the best in the 1993 NBA finals and did very well in his rookie season. But he blew it, I would KILL to have an ability such as he had. It's a shame it went to waste!

Start around the 2:30 minute mark.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03/27/12 06:33 PM.
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
When you go from a very modest background and at 20-22 you are all the sudden flush with cash it isn't hard to believe that people make all the wrong decisions and end up blowing it all.

This is one of the reasons that the NBA put the moratorium on drafting from HS. Well, that and Stern wanted to protect the owners against massive collective bargaining risk in guaranteed salary for players that went absolutely bust in their first contract.

Dumas also benifited heavily from having Marlje, Paxson, and the Big Brown Mound of Rebound (AKA: Sir Charles Barkley) surrounding him and all three of them would dish to him on the double team. He also was part of the Curse of Jordan. It's kind of like Highlander, and there can be only one. A lot of careers were cut short or ruined by Stern putting the Bulls and Jordan over in order to save the NBA. That is partially why the Bulls and Jordan won all those games. When the rules don't apply to you and you can hand check, push people down, palm the ball and get what they refer to now as the Bron 4th Step, it isn't hard to see why they won all those titles.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Only those who know the value of money will do well if ever faced with a windfall. Those who have no clue about the worth of what they have will ultimately end up broken.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I dont think so Daye, sometimes drugs can end anybody career no matter if they value money or not. Even with legal drugs like alchool and etcs.. if the person is more suceptible.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus
I dont think so Daye, sometimes drugs can end anybody career no matter if they value money or not. Even with legal drugs like alchool and etcs.. if the person is more suceptible.

I think Daye is right, actually. Drug addicts are known for their poor decision making skills. You don't catch addiction when a junkie sneezes on you. Those of us with addictive personalities must be more vigilant than the squares

KGB Darkfall

Link Copied to Clipboard