KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#97461 01/18/12 11:13 AM
Uber Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Since all other games are epic failures and shadowbane was the only epic failure to actually epically fail I will be playing it again :) Anyone get in the beta yet?

Teh Ubes

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I didnt even apply. I wanted to.

Sounds like they are coming along.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
February State of the Bane

February is proving to be an exciting month to be apart of the SBEmu project! This past month throughout the first stages of Closed Beta, we've made amazing progress with the help of the Closed Beta testers. Not only is the game progressing, but I've also been focusing on getting the word about the Shadowbane Emulator out to the larger MMO community. These next couple of months, as we advance through Closed Beta into Open Beta, should prove to be an exciting process. I would like to thank everyone so far whom has contributed in making this project a success! This includes those of you in the community whom have stepped up and taken it in your hands in order to find ways to help the project! There are many ways you can help with the SBEmu project, and that's not only limited to filling on an application for one of our team spots. We have community members every day figuring out new and inventive ways to help out the project, and as always, we are always open to suggestions!

Newbie Guide Contest Winners

We have been looking over the various submissions the past couple weeks and the SBEmu Team is proud to announce MikeDizzle, Rewen and Cryfowl as our Newbie Guide Contest winners! You can check out their Newbie Guide submissions here: [Link will be up again shortly]. We had many excellent submissions, but after a vast amount of discussion we believe that MikeD/Rewen's Guide as well as Cryfowl's guide, best covers those aspects we outlined for the specified requirements. Congrats again to MikeD, Rewen and Cryfowl for their submissions!

Closed Beta Update

Due to the increased amount of PMs and interest in Closed Beta we've decided to open up applications for Closed Beta! We will be re-opening Closed Beta applications February 10th-12th. The deadline for this round of applications is 12am PST Monday, February 13th. We will not be accepting any late applications after this time, and will not be opening Closed Beta Applications again, so this is your FINAL chance in order to get your applications in to be considered for Closed Beta.

Team Promotions

I am absolutely pleased to announce two new promotions on the SBEmu Team! Our Test Team member Siren has been promoted to Senior Tester! Siren has been a pivotal part of organizing and managing the first part of this Closed Beta process. His efforts have warranted this promotion for a while now! I am also happy to announce that our Design Team Member Xemise, has been promoted to Senior Designer! Xemise will also be organizing some of the Design Team tasks during the beta process. Xemise's visionary expertise have been largely utilized for the aesthetic aspect of designing the world. Though now he will be helping with organization as well.

Sandbox Podcast with SBEmu Community Manager Tybalt

I recently did a podcast with Coolit of Sandbox.mmosmacktalk.com! You can check out the podcast which goes over the general overview of the project. You can check out the 25minute podcast with Coolit and Tybalt here:
http://www.mmosmacktalk.com/thesandbox/ ... s/SB17.mp3

Note from the Community Manager

The support from the Community has been awesome throughout this Closed Beta process! I understand all of you are eager to help, and there are much more ways you can help other than testing. Getting the word out to your guilds, friends, etc. that Shadowbane is coming soon would be a huge help to the team and the community! Remember to keep up with our Facebook and Twitter accounts, as I'm sporadically posting screenshots, media, and other info there from time to time.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I applied, so far no word. I'm hopeful

KGB Darkfall
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Swear the folks who own the official server / client code should just set it free unto the community with the stipulation they can't charge folks who play it.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
i should be getting a beta key tonight, been talking to a dev. i will keep you posted.

Who even owns the license for shadowbane?

KGB Darkfall
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
UBI still owns it.

Grats on the key btw.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
UBI still owns it.

Grats on the key btw.

Ubi doesn't own it thought.. I thought they sold to WolfPack to get out and WolfPack ran it until they closed the doors.

This emulator is not endorsed the way I read it way back when I was playing it a year or so ago.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Wolfpack, UBI which ever they own the rights so if you want to run a emu they will not help.

If you are talking about playing a emu that was up(sort of) it was another group that was putting it out but they have since stopped trying.

The newish one we are talking about seem to be coming along very well and sounds like they will be live with in the year.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Moto this wasn't the one that you and I were in awhile back? This is a totally new endeavor? If so then my bad; was thinking the other SBEmu..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard