KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 63 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,088 Trump card
1,340,400 Picture Thread
478,794 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sini #98287 02/08/12 04:38 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Derid

But, economics aside, right/left aside, how can you still support him after his assault on liberty?

That not what actually happened, and if you weren't ears-deep into far-right echo chamber nation you'd have an ability to question "assault on liberty, flag and constitution" line of thinking.

Please explain Obama signing the NDAA, even after he admitted it was wrong? Please explain Obama continuing Bush foreign policy. I forgot, Time is a far right echo chamber.

So is Seymour Hersh, right? FP Magazine . I am queuing the laff track right now, just FYI.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #98295 02/08/12 05:34 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
... you are only going to make it impossible to legally operate and fund any avenue for abortions, or add so many unnecessary bureaucratic steps that it will be effectively banned for all but very rich.

There is absolutely no scientific, medical or greater good of society justification to oppose abortions. All anti-abortion arguments are based on moral stance, inevitably based in religion. As a result any attempt to legislate religious morality to detriment of individual's rights, is not only attack on personal freedoms, but because it specifically targets a group of people - woman, is misogynist.

You might personally believe whatever you chose to believe, but moment it crosses into action territory, you start engaging in misogyny.

Teller of untruths, teller of untruths, your trousers are combusting!
While I would like to make it impossible to operate an abortion clinic that is not at all what we're discussing. Your argument that there is no justification for opposing abortion other than religious is predicated on the idea that life doesn't begin until a human is forcibly ejected from a birth canal. FYI the same people who espouse that belief are the ones who are currently suggesting that "really, a life doesn't begin until the child has cognitive reasoning abilities, so we should be able to abort children up to the age of 2." How's that for a slippery slope?

What I believe cannot be considering misogyny because it has bearing on the woman only tangentially. My belief that life begins at conception depends on the woman only in so far as females are the only sex that can become pregnant. In order for my views to be misogynist I would have to say "abortion is wrong because women aren't capable of making sound decisions" or something to that effect. About the closest to that you're ever going to get from me is, someone who chooses to have sex recreationaly and considers pregnancy a "burden to be saddled with" (in the words of B.O.) is incapable of making sound decisions about someone else's life.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Derid #98312 02/08/12 07:05 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Um, news flash - just about all you do anymore is flame. You have no justification for many of your statements either.

Your mode of operation these days is operate via insult. If you want people to treat you with more respect, stop acting like a dick.

Anyhow, continue to flame away. I look forward to seeing if you can finally manage to put together a flame/insult that actually makes sense.

{popcorn}

Go take a shower and don't come back until you start acting like a civilized human being again.

Last edited by sinij; 02/08/12 07:08 PM.

[Linked Image]
Kaotic #98314 02/08/12 07:16 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

While I would like to make it impossible to operate an abortion clinic

You are aware of supreme court decision, you are aware of freedoms granted to women under constitution as interpreted by supreme court, yet you would like to make it technically impossible to exercise these freedom based on religious or moral grounds by superseding legal and legislative process.

Case closed. You no longer have a leg to stand on in any argument where you would cite personal freedoms.

Quote:
What I believe cannot be considering misogyny because it has bearing on the woman only tangentially.

Imaginary voice in the sky tells me you should eat only broccoli. I will ignore your rights and make sure that you could only ever find broccoli.

What you believe should never supersede other people's rights. Coincidentally, what you believe happens to be misogyny. Why is this misogyny, because you are trying to dictate how women should go living their lives.

Last edited by sinij; 02/08/12 08:00 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98315 02/08/12 07:42 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

{popcorn}

Go take a shower and don't come back until you start acting like a civilized human being again.

lol

When I saw this piece, I can honestly say I thought of you.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-12-2012/civil-disservice

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #98316 02/08/12 07:51 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I was really surprised to find you in the anti-abortionist crowd, you always came across as strong personal freedoms and goverment staying out of people's business advocate.

Well I guess you chose to forget your "freedom, flag and constitution" stance and dust off your grandpa's bible when it concerns women's rights. You and Ron Paul.

Last edited by sinij; 02/08/12 07:59 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #98318 02/08/12 08:55 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
ABORTION

Quote:
Barring mass immigration or another change drastically affects population growth, Russia is slated to shrink in population 20 percent by 2050, according to U.N. estimates.

Wolfgang #98321 02/08/12 09:24 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Yes, we should aim to become as free as these paragons of open and democratic society, Russia, China, Syria...

[Linked Image]
Sini #98324 02/08/12 09:34 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

While I would like to make it impossible to operate an abortion clinic

You are aware of supreme court decision, you are aware of freedoms granted to women under constitution as interpreted by supreme court, yet you would like to make it technically impossible to exercise these freedom based on religious or moral grounds by superseding legal and legislative process.

Case closed. You no longer have a leg to stand on in any argument where you would cite personal freedoms.

Quote:
What I believe cannot be considering misogyny because it has bearing on the woman only tangentially.

Imaginary voice in the sky tells me you should eat only broccoli. I will ignore your rights and make sure that you could only ever find broccoli.

What you believe should never supersede other people's rights. Coincidentally, what you believe happens to be misogyny. Why is this misogyny, because you are trying to dictate how women should go living their lives.

Replace abortion with gun rights and your own argument says you have no right to talk about personal freedoms.

BTW being against abortion doesn't mean you are part of a religion. You can believe that when a woman is knocked up there is a baby in her belly and killing it is murder.

It doesn't give me the right to stop the woman to murder her child but I don't have to say I like it.

Liberals are the worst when it comes to personal freedoms cause it their way or the highway.

Sini #98327 02/08/12 10:38 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I was really surprised to find you in the anti-abortionist crowd, you always came across as strong personal freedoms and goverment staying out of people's business advocate.

Well I guess you chose to forget your "freedom, flag and constitution" stance and dust off your grandpa's bible when it concerns women's rights. You and Ron Paul.

See thats the thing, I have always been pro-choice. Which is why I held your remarks in such disdain - because you simply do not know what you are talking about. Imagine if someone came up to you, and started calling you names and tossing insults and loaded rhetoric at you for being pro-gun.

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php...=true#Post90484 Some recent comments by me, shortly before you started popping in around here that included references to my thoughts on the role of federal govt, including abortion. Unfortunately it seems that my great debates with Vydor and others on the issue have been archived, but ask Jet - he used to pop into those debates.

I really do not understand how someone could manage to twist not caring about, or even supporting, a bill that was about how federal tax dollars are spent regarding abortion - into some sort of religious anti-abortion stance.

Its not about abortion. Its about spending. There are many reasons I am opposed to using federal funds for abortions, except in cases noted by that particular bill referenced earlier. Not the least of which is that approx half of the US thinks abortion is morally wrong, and I think that the wishes of so many taxpayers should be respected.

This issue is not about that the govt is preventing, prohibiting, or regulating - its about not forcing people to pay for something. There is an immense philosophical gap between the two, whether you choose to recognize that or not.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard