KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 52 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,027 Trump card
1,341,974 Picture Thread
479,774 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Drakiis #98180 02/06/12 06:52 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
There is a flaw in your logic Drakiis. While most folks would have a hard time atoning for things they've done 1) There is nothing that guarantees you redemption 2) most people don't get to enjoy redemption from the folks they wronged, they only get to try to make amends through their other interactions. So, trying to guilt folks into seeing your point of view is a pretty weak argument. I don't know this kid, but I've heard stories from several KGBers. Based on their opinion of him I don't like him and I'm sure many others feel the same way. So, now we come to the root of the problem, are you willing to alienate current members from your faction in order to facilitate the addition of a couple of people that very well may turn out to be complete asshats?

Donk's Tox Mcfuckoff analogy is perfect. If you welcomed that douche in, you'd not only lose KGB members from your faction but several would actively fight against you.

So, are a couple of recruits worth all that headache? I wouldn't think so, but its your faction.

Last edited by Kaotic; 02/06/12 06:53 AM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Drakiis #98208 02/06/12 05:53 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Well I won't argue with the wisdom here, however unfounded some of it may be but I will state that my generalizations and fancy talk sometimes confuse and lead people in the wrong direction, perhaps some here are just misunderstanding me.

I think some are viewing this faction or my leadership from a self righteous perspective, and while I believe all have a right to their opinion I am not some wet behind the ears, cushioned, pillow biter. I have served in the Grand Army of the Americas and held many leadership roles in my life and while I do not feel a need to justify my personal abilities much further, I can say there are few as dedicated and determined as myself when it comes to PS2 and the Factions success.

A good leader takes into account all points of view and those who know me or have approached me on the various topics concerning Planetside know I am fair, open to suggestions, and ready to make the best decisions I can using all available information and points of view.

I appreciate the concern, but I don't need anyone to hold my hand, or lecture me on the fine points of what it means to lead, be responsible, and handle issues. This Faction will have it's fair share of issues I am not so naive as to think otherwise.

The real issue is who is going to stand with me, who is going to back it up with action, who will support the honest effort other are making to strengthen KGB and show people that instead of fading in our old age we can still rise to the challenge. Because in the end it's not what I will do or how I will do it because I will do what I can, but what ALL of YOU do for the guild that YOU are a member of and YOU Serve.

Leadership is not whats in question here, however SERVICE to your guild is. If someone wants to serve and they are not even KGB or were KGB at one time and they serve with honor I will reward them for it, however what's that say about those who are KGB and won't or can't commit?

I believe membership shouldn't be taken for granted and I feel people do. You would hold down someone for a past deed, even though he seeks redemption, yet you yourself not even participate as a full member? You see the hypocrisy I am talking about here?

Regarding Valen, he made his intentions clear, that he will not try and join us under any assumed name, and I have not heard any more from him since these initial PMs were send over two months ago. As someone mentioned Krullz and Co, I shall address it by saying that there are indeed things that are too fresh to warrant pardons or opportunities for redemption, but that does not me we should all be so quick to ignore the honest effort to repent when it is made because to do otherwise shows just how selfishly hypocritical people can be.

In closing, like the Army I was born from, I seek warm bodies to throw into the meat grinder of war, but in the end the sacrifices on that golden alter could very well pave the way for KGB's twilight years to be full of fun and excitement. Are you man enough, then lead, follow, or get the fuck out of our way the choice is yours.

Quote:
There is a flaw in your logic Drakiis. While most folks would have a hard time atoning for things they've done 1) There is nothing that guarantees you redemption 2) most people don't get to enjoy redemption from the folks they wronged, they only get to try to make amends through their other interactions.

I think the flaw is yours, the above defines the very nature of redemption, making amends is a form of redemption as you are trying to right wrongs by whatever means left to you, as you said, there is nothing that guarantees redemption. Thus you have but one option atonement and making amends to the closest aspect of those you offended, or the victim themselves. We cannot praise one douche bag for apologizing on the oracle and then condemn another, what kind of foolishness is that?

Last edited by Drakiis; 02/06/12 06:00 PM. Reason: For the Kaotics in the audience

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Drakiis #98209 02/06/12 05:54 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Can this thread die already?

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Drakiis #98210 02/06/12 06:04 PM
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
your wish is my command oh great and mighty admin of the holy powa

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard