KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,022,158 Trump card
1,339,365 Picture Thread
478,154 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Derid #96651 12/19/11 02:27 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

I did not realize that fighting for civil liberties was something you considered grotesque.

You got enough straw going on there to get an army going, less one strawman. What I find grotesque is unwillingness to support any and all social programs, yet willingness to extensively donate to support political campaigns based on one issue. This isn't question of a wrong cause, but question of misplaced priorities.

As to your attempted "civil liberties" smear - lol @ you.

Last edited by sinij; 12/19/11 02:51 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
From the start of our nation. Until the institution of the welfare state.

You were right Wolf. He's about to call me a racist.

In that case your position is nothing by revisionist bullshit. Lets look at your social responsibility - Jim Crow Laws, McCarthyism, Smith Act and various workers rights riots, Blair Mountain and miners rights... I got to 1920s, do I need to go on, because it gets worse.
This is the problem. You equate big government laws with local social responsibility. Those are not the same thing.

You said: "In my dynamic society doesn't devolve because my view depends on people being locally socially responsible. For proof that my idea works you need only look at our history before 1960."

I provided tons of historical examples "before 1960" where people are NOT acting in locally socially responsible way.

[Linked Image]
Sini #96658 12/19/11 05:12 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I did not realize that fighting for civil liberties was something you considered grotesque.

You got enough straw going on there to get an army going, less one strawman. What I find grotesque is unwillingness to support any and all social programs, yet willingness to extensively donate to support political campaigns based on one issue. This isn't question of a wrong cause, but question of misplaced priorities.

Your attempt at trolling is pretty sad.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #96660 12/19/11 05:19 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight

Pretty sure I stated I believe in social programs to an extent. Just not to the extent YOU want them. I don't call that "UNWILLING" to support social programs. I call that tough love, because once you give people everything they need. They will simply make a career of living off the Government (TAX PAYERS)

Also I donate MY money that I make however the fuck I want. That's the way it should be. Because I have FUCKING TAXES taken out of my check each week that already donate's my money before I even get to see it. So much for being unwilling to donate to social programs aye!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/19/11 05:23 PM.
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I don' think this is going anywhere...

For the record:

1. National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) provisions on detention are appalling and anyone caught voting for it should be tossed out of the office once and for all.

2. Donating to defeat NDAA is a good cause

3. Generally speaking, social issues should be prioritized over political issues, but bringing this point in context of 1. and 2. set argument down the wrong path.

[Linked Image]
Sini #96675 12/19/11 10:09 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I provided tons of historical examples "before 1960" where people are NOT acting in locally socially responsible way.
You can always find some people who are not responsible, that's why the rest of us have to be. Most people though, given the opportunity will help their neighbors in need.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard