KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,198 Trump card
1,342,008 Picture Thread
479,923 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Stripper pole
Coca field
Mega keg

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kegir
Good point but lets learn strategies from the right enemies... goons never played planetside , and it's hard to make solo griefer videos in planetside:) The planetside player base wants to see teamwork etc.

Goon's operation in EVE is extremely team-oriented, if we can badly replicate what they do there we would be set for our recruiting. Someone more familiar with EVE probably could tell you more how they operate, but looking from the outside it:

1. They recruit with well-made humorous videos, something that is interesting to watch even for someone not familiar with specific game they are recruiting for. Way I see it, if you can go viral with your recruiting video because it is funny on and not try to be all "serious business" with unremarkable in-game footage you will be remembered. Your pool of potential recruits is also becomes much wider, because you can appeal to completely new players.

2. Goons spend extraordinary effort working with new players. They put more priority into getting new recruits involved right away than anything else. As a result they have TONS and TONS people. I think we need to do the same, getting someone tagged shouldn't be where our recruiting effort stops.

3. Goons have highly distributed chain of command, they have a lot of autonomous squads with their own goals, culture and specifics all operating under big umbrella of GOON. Somehow these all cooperate without losing autonomy.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Goon's operation in EVE is extremely team-oriented, if we can badly replicate what they do there we would be set for our recruiting. Someone more familiar with EVE probably could tell you more how they operate, but looking from the outside it:

1. They recruit with well-made humorous videos, something that is interesting to watch even for someone not familiar with specific game they are recruiting for. Way I see it, if you can go viral with your recruiting video because it is funny on and not try to be all "serious business" with unremarkable in-game footage you will be remembered. Your pool of potential recruits is also becomes much wider, because you can appeal to completely new players.

2. Goons spend extraordinary effort working with new players. They put more priority into getting new recruits involved right away than anything else. As a result they have TONS and TONS people. I think we need to do the same, getting someone tagged shouldn't be where our recruiting effort stops.

3. Goons have highly distributed chain of command, they have a lot of autonomous squads with their own goals, culture and specifics all operating under big umbrella of GOON. Somehow these all cooperate without losing autonomy.

/agree
The thing that folks don't like about the GOONS is that many of them are asshats. Well, when you get that large a group of people together there are going to be some bad apples. If we model their recruiting techniques though, that gives us a much larger pool to selectively choose from to get the kind of folks we have and want more of. Remember, just because someone applies doesn't mean they should automatically get in (which is kind of how the GOON squad works).

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Actually the big umbrella is "Something Awful" or SA. The "GOON" moniker is just the gaming element of Something Awful. I say this because I have been a member of SA for probably going on almost 10 years now. I have been a GOON, I have played with GOONS, and I have played directly opposing GOONS.

It all depends on who is or who is not running the show when talking about GOON factions. As well, people pay to be members of SA and the services they provide, one of which is the gaming element of the GOONS. What has caused a degradation of the GOON tag is the influx of 4Chan and the like.

I can tell you this, there will be a strong GOON presence in early PS2, for good, bad, or otherwise.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Wow I didn't realize they played more games then DFO. First Time hearing about them was there. I hope they play tr or vs:)

Play To Crush!
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I can tell you this, there will be a strong GOON presence in early PS2, for good, bad, or otherwise.

This is all around bad news for the game. Are there different servers for PS2? If there are we need to find out what server GOONS plan to play and avoid it like plague. If there is only one global server then we need to make sure not to belong to the same faction. Goons specialize in abusing game systems to grief other players, they are getting their kicks from frustrating people, not competing or achieving in-game goals. They also tend to ignore politics, you are ether GOON or a target.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The Goons gaming element is based on electing leaders who have a popular super star status from within SA, these leaders don't always follow the script as written by the powers that be either. Case in point, the fallout that Glut had in his faction, and the break up of some of his leadership elements leaving the squad in DFO. I am sure Jet knows more about this then I do, however I will say this, I have never been afraid of any Goon element. I know what they did in EvE and I am sure if I asked Rahl would tell me all he knows about them but the truth is they do not worry me, they do not scare me, and we will not be running from them. If we meet them on server fine, if not then I will make it my mission to find someone I can pick a fight with. The way I see it anyways is that if they were on a opposing Faction and they were on our chosen server then our recruiting would go on the rise due to their presence as no one would want to pay to game with them so it's in our favor no matter how you look at it.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
/hands Drakiis bitch stick

Go get'em Tiger.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am more concerned about ending in the same faction as them and get block-griefed or something equally retarded where you can't really do anything to fight back.

[Linked Image]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
One of the things changing from PS1 to PS2 is the use of "beachheads" on each continent for each faction in order to do several things. One of those is to reduce game time to action by moving the front lines closer to the action. The other effect of this is not being able to wake up, log in, and find your faction Sanctuary Locked and unable to leave the carebear dome.

I don't personally agree with this in total, but as of right now that is where Higby and Smed's are taking this game mechanic.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard