KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,545 Trump card
1,347,041 Picture Thread
482,863 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Damn straight. Higby lays it out on how PS2 addresses what we have been been bitching about and looking for in a MMO. Something to play for besides raid progression and instanced pvp battlegrounds.

Game on!

Originally Posted By: Matt Higby

In the latest issue of PC Gamer UK, we took a look at the vast new free to play sequel, Planetside 2. Developers, Sony Online Entertainment told us its battles will rage across “eight-by-eight kilometre continents” and take place on a different scale to the shooters we’re used to.

“I always like to say that Planetside and Planetside 2 are sort of like, they’re to Battlefield and Modern Warfare and those FPS games – and don’t take this as a denigration at all, I love those games, I play those games – but those games are sort of like Checkers where we’re sort of like Risk,” says creative director Matt Higby.

“The mechanic is the same. You pick up a piece and you move it, you pick up a piece and you move it, but the vastness and the strategy of it is so much different when you’re playing Risk than when you’re just picking up a Checker piece.

“It feels about the same as shooting a gun in both games, but there’s a lot more to do, and there’s a lot more possibilities…”

Higby tells us about some of those possibilities. Planetside 2 will have “massive continents to support that kind of warfare.” They will be “dozens of square kilometers and there’s multiples of them that each have their own biosphere and their own specific look, atmosphere.”

“There’s a whole territory control mechanic,” Higby continues, “so as you conquer bases, towers, bunkers, even just ridges, like out in the wilderness, ridge lines and mountains and stuff, you can capture all these things and capture nodes for play resources.”

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I will admit that officially gave me wood. Just sayin...

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
So we can kill bosses for mad loot Right??

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The devs have suggested the idea of introducing planet wide invasions from Alien NPCs to enhance the game beyond what the previous Planetside had, though nothings been confirmed, traditionally Planetside did not have any AI to fight, the only bosses were other players.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Without the Alien Invasion AI, consider Bases and territory as the equivalent to beating a Boss. Holding territory gives the faction resources from which to build your empire. That is one of the things changing in a good way from PlanetSide 1. Now you get something even more worthwhile besides your faction color on a map.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Without the Alien Invasion AI, consider Bases and territory as the equivalent to beating a Boss. Holding territory gives the faction resources from which to build your empire. That is one of the things changing in a good way from PlanetSide 1. Now you get something even more worthwhile besides your faction color on a map.

Absolutely. It definately gives it more "reason"..ala Darkfall and specific ore nodes in cities, but on a wider scale. You hold this area or you lose your ability to have the resources to make Reaver's for example..definatley a reason to kick some ass beyond the thrill of it or bragging rights, which are good too.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard