KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,039 Trump card
1,339,747 Picture Thread
478,311 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JetStar #90405 07/06/11 02:45 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
If I read correctly, it will be a parallel thing, in which you have the illusion of continuation Jet. I can almost guarantee there will be NO character transfer to this "new" thing under any circstance, in some desperate hope to bring back players and have everyone start over on a level playing field. When, after some time, your player base on the original (paid beta land) game goes so low, they will claim an inability to keep it going and you will be like all the SWG players.

And I don't want them to die Tas, as I stated before, I want them to be like that putrid douche in the Metallica video One for the next 50 years, being gang raped daily by Drakiis wanna-be's.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
JetStar #90412 07/06/11 05:27 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I am curious as to what is going to happen to the game we are playing now? My character?

My thoughts exactly. My first response to them throwing away 2 years of my character development just as I am pretty much finished with it, is that I would walk even though I enjoy character development. I am able to have fun in the process of character development but to take it away from me after I earned it and worked at it I would feel cheated. Especially for me now that I am at a critical/busy point in my career. Guess I won't know until I have to make that decision.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 07/06/11 05:28 PM.
Corpus #90413 07/06/11 05:51 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Damned if they reset, damned if they don't.

If they reset existing player base has all the reason to walk, they put such painful grind in and now delete all of it?

If they don't reset appeal for new players drastically decreased, especially if the grind is still there. Imagine starting "new" game where you have to deal with maxed out douches camping you outside the guard towers from day 1?

[Linked Image]
Sini #90416 07/06/11 07:55 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The more I think about it...

Here what logical (mind you, this doesn't mean AV will actually do it) solution would be - open new server for DF"2" and leave old ones as-is to rot to lack of updates.

This way technically there is no character wipe, but functionally there is "fresh start for everyone".

[Linked Image]
Sini #90417 07/06/11 08:17 PM
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
what they need to do is exactly is. yes delete characters and offer a free trial like 6 months to existing characters. that way it doesn't feel so harsh. i am hoping that this fresh start will work. i mean we all remember the good old days where we all where noobs. thats what was the great part. i wish that this will work and create a new more even player skill based game

DarkCaesar #90418 07/06/11 10:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
/broken record
What they have to do is remove the fucking PvP skills grind. Then people will care a lot less if they wipe toons or not: if they wipe, current high level toon owners won't cry too much as they won't have to put years to get PvP ready again. Only crafters would lose.
If they don't, new players will be able to be competitive from minute 1 of logging in.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #90419 07/06/11 10:56 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
my problem with DF is that i feel like i have done it all in development and the lack of a reason to pvp.

i guess i am a bit odd but i liked the grind to me the grind was the best bit working to get those numbers up to get the next skill.

unless DF2 is realy a totaly different game i feel that i will end up thinking been there done that within days and just not see the point in it.

it was not the grind that killed DF it was the fall of Wessex back on EU

Instrument #90425 07/07/11 06:53 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Here is most of the problem: Tasos!

He is going to stick it to the player base again, just like he has been sticking it to the player base for the last 10 years. He fucking duped 1000's of us into a paid grind fest of a Beta, and then 2 years later of paid beta is more then likely going to flush all those wasted years of grinding right down the toilet and laugh his fucking Greek ass all the way to his cave.

Catch a clue, Adventurine doesn't give two shits about you the player.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #90428 07/07/11 09:15 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
The big thing I didn't like in DF was the grind, to hear others in game say "macro X for a few hours & go AFK" or "Macro swimming while you sleep" for training, is not a good thing to hear. It might not have seemed so slow if there was more content in the world, plus the hours looking for PvP & the horrid UI. The need to blend what is good about DF with what was good with Shadowbane.

DF has a great gathering/crafting system, great combat/PvP, no safe zones, no level & great seiging system..

SB Great City system, more content in the world & symbols on the map so it was simple to spot a mob camp.

I have to say I like the class system a bit more, then you have more strategy in the game. It is kind of nice to not have every player have magic missile.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 07/07/11 09:20 AM.

Former KGB Member
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
The big thing I didn't like in DF was the grind, to hear others in game say "macro X for a few hours & go AFK" or "Macro swimming while you sleep" for training, is not a good thing to hear. It might not have seemed so slow if there was more content in the world, plus the hours looking for PvP & the horrid UI. The need to blend what is good about DF with what was good with Shadowbane.

DF has a great gathering/crafting system, great combat/PvP, no safe zones, no level & great seiging system..

SB Great City system, more content in the world & symbols on the map so it was simple to spot a mob camp.

I have to say I like the class system a bit more, then you have more strategy in the game. It is kind of nice to not have every player have magic missile.

Apparently we were playing two different DFO's. The Siege system was always utter crap, the crafting system was almost joke level, and the gathering system was good in the original EU launch up until they changed how nodes worked, and then really fucked cities when they let rare ores come out of metal nodes.

Oh wait, that is right Salachin, you only played DFO with us for about a month...

In the immortal words of Dandelion: Get Shit On!

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard