KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#88629 05/18/11 11:32 AM
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I had just saw the videos series from youtube, many of you maybe already know this videos.

That scared me how the food industry controls the farmers in the U.S, if you have patience to see all the movie series.

In Brazil a few control vast amounts of lands, In US there are more farmers that have middle to small land to farm. But in the end they are controlled by a few companies that control what they can grow and produce. So in the US and most of the countries people are poisoned by bad food and after that must pay for private and expensive health care system.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Mithus #88636 05/18/11 12:07 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Don't believe everything you see on the interwebs...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #88644 05/18/11 12:55 PM
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Don't believe everything you see on the interwebs...

Man, I do not know if this has sense in english, but I have "critical self sense" and common sense. I know that monopoly or oligopoly in any area is bad(software,industry,farm and etcs), that is what is also what the video is showing if you can see it all(especially the problem about the seeds).

Industry soybean(and corn) only benefict a few, at cost of hundres of hectares of amazonia forest. You do not have an idea how many forest lands(in the amazonia) are being devasted in Brazil to produce soyvbean to export to feed cow and chicken.

The problem of food industry is complex, that branches to enviromental problems and social problems.

I have a bachelor in computer sciency, and now I´m taking again bachelor in Law school(I had it stopped a few years ago). By surprise the college put in the grade enviromental problems as a obrigatory course and I was obligate to do some research on the enviromental problem of single growing cultures(like soybeana and corn).

You maybe do not get that the lobby of a few industries impacts what you eat, and impacts how the man is transforming the planet in one way that has not comeback. If you and more people think that documentary is somehow oriented, of course, it is, but you need to extract what the message that they are trying to pass.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/18/11 12:59 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
Mithus #88686 05/18/11 08:27 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Food Inc. is real & this is a good movie also http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/capitalism-love-story
the food ind. is horrible if you find Food inc. anywhere, you should get it.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 05/18/11 08:27 PM.

Former KGB Member
Salohcin Dragon #88689 05/18/11 09:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
First off I have not watched this yet but feel the need to comment before hand like any good trouble maker.

For one thing I have never seen or heard of anyone feeding soybeans to cows, and I know a lot of people who raise farm animals.

And one other thing before I watch this. How would you feed 6 billion people, I am sure the so called organic farms cant do it.

Helemoto #88693 05/19/11 12:38 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
As you can imagine, I am a huge food inc fan.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #88744 05/19/11 09:44 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Ok, so the point is......

What I got from video:

Food production has become a big business, check
A few companies have lots of market share, fueled by the growth of fast food, check

Fancy graphics showing cows on a conveyor belt, and big smokestacks... check

Advertising showing unreality, check

What part of this is news to anyone?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #88747 05/20/11 02:09 AM
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
- You forgot to put in your check list,
- save money to treat diabetes in the future(most probably when people are in the 50s and 60s),if you are not an american that is overweight or obese, and do not have excessive belly fat.

PS. Just kidding!!

(But is kind weird like the government subsidies some industries/farming and do not subsidy a free health care system like in England and France and american people are fine with that and when like you said everybody know what food inc shows, and even if they know, they would not have money and time to eat health food.

Honestly I didnt know that, and like how the introdution say, if you know how the food is made, "may", "MAYBE" you would choose not eat it, and change your future.

But many people are young and think diseases from food will not affect them. Even when they saw their parents dying or get ill they do not conect that their parents diseases have one of the causes bad food habits.

ps: I know this is a gaming forum, this is not supose to be talked here.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/20/11 03:07 AM.

Mithus #88752 05/20/11 05:50 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its cool to talk about it, I just was not sure what the point was - other than food is a big business.

Specific health things werent really talked about in the video.

As far as health care goes.....

Many americans do not like being slaves. Forced health care, and similar programs take away our rights as individuals to spend our money and plan for our future as we see fit.

Human beings arent ants or bees, being a good little bee and doing as the hive mind tells us is not particularly appealing.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #88792 05/20/11 09:10 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Its easy to take the high road and talk about how big business is the ruin of the world.
But, I have asked this, how will you feed the people. You cant do it by the old ways.

The cattle farmer raises cattle. The cattle farmer sells his cattle. The big business takes the cattle and runs it thru a slaughter house and ships it around the nation.
I have seen this with my own eyes from birth to slaughter.
It is the same as it use to be just on a larger scale.

You cant feed 6 billion people with hippie pipe dreams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard