KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 68 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Sybian, Traumen
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,049,438 Trump card
1,346,317 Picture Thread
482,299 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Very Well Said Mithus!!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I blame Canada... =)

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Mithus
Ex. Vuldan,Wolfang,Mor lander,Donk,Darka,Represent,Jaguar..the list is huge, they all had more than ready pvp chars(most of they grinded for 2 year, daily), they all left DF blamming one or other broken aspect of the game. In the final, they had no more fun, or got pwned by kids too many times, and decided that was enough, after all grind and time spent.

I am not buying it. People you listed played SB, UO that all had open PvP and often more ruthless than DFO. Maybe "the one or other broken aspect of the game" is really to blame?

[Linked Image]
Sini #88054 05/03/11 06:42 PM
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Well Said Mithus.

MS is easy mode compared to Andruk. In andruk they used to come and stay ... ruining your game play, here they come and leave. Hell I remember standing inside KGB GH on pac surrounded by orange, and going for long periods without seeing any green. Bad guys are nothing new and ms isn't that bad nowadays.

"apathetic 'alliance'"? You joined as the old one fell apart... remember when we were in the same faction as OPP on UO... again, nothing new here. Who are you talking about the ones who left or we didn't want in? If it is apathetic it is because of us all, not df. You think otg & dhov is apathetic.. to what? KGB?

No grinding skills doesn't give gold to get off line skill gain, but it gives you the skills... that is the point. Again the focus should not be meditation points, if it is that is the problem.

I played UO a year before I got my first combat GM, before UO was easy mode and you could GM Resist in a week or two with friends, before Razor, never macro'ed (At that time). Is DF alot harder than GMing taming in UO? I think not, never macroed that once and it took over a year. Standing out side deceit dungeon following creatures "Will you be my friend" isn't as safe as it sounds. In DF today you can skill up faster than I could when I started UO. 60 in a couple of weeks... lol. In UO I had over 5 characters with GM resist... want to talk about grinding?

There were other people there too who seem to do well here, Houdini, supercow... enemies for sure, but somehow they do it. Our enemies seem to succeed. Off line?

I am not being a smart ass but think the whole meditation thing is crap and undermining what they are trying to do. People think it is broken if they don't have enough gold to buy the skills they want. Back in my day we had afk swimming. Oh they still do just why bother if you can meditate? I have actually seen one wicked guy afk swimming at geodins more than I have seen kgb in the past few months smile

P.S. I mean no disrespect to anybody. There are many reasons for not liking a game or not playing, but it isn't broke or a problem with the game if gold isn't as easy to make gold(so you don't have to play the game to skill up), or if this or that isn't the way you personally would prefer.

Hey I have an idea, why don’t they create a mirror image of the land mass, where you can’t harm anybody and people can gains skills and farm freely, we can call this land Brammel… they can put all the uber shit there so somebody that has been playing for a month can go toe to toe with with a buff character playing for years. They can even limit who can go to the promised land… oh wait, that has been tried and didn’t work to well.

But this is all getting off topic or maybe that is the topic... if new people are thinking they should be able to come and earn enough gold to get developed off line, than that is the problem, that is what is broke, not the game.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 05/03/11 10:57 PM.
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
For me ... it is not about the game or pixels so much as the people I spend time with ... KGB is a great group of people ... tons of opinions on the various games we venture into.

With a finite amount of gaming time ... I am honored to be playing with all you ... whatever title it is.

We'll all play what we have fun playing, while waiting for the next game ... then the one after that one.

Rock on!!!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Sini #88076 05/04/11 03:09 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Mithus
Ex. Vuldan,Wolfang,Mor lander,Donk,Darka,Represent,Jaguar..the list is huge, they all had more than ready pvp chars(most of they grinded for 2 year, daily), they all left DF blamming one or other broken aspect of the game. In the final, they had no more fun, or got pwned by kids too many times, and decided that was enough, after all grind and time spent.

I am not buying it. People you listed played SB, UO that all had open PvP and often more ruthless than DFO. Maybe "the one or other broken aspect of the game" is really to blame?

My opinion, is a combination of bad systems that take place on DF, plus people can deny but I do think is true, both MMOs have the combat tab, df do not have that, to old people is harder to master it, how many kgbers dueled my cousin mumm and lost to him, he´s young and seems master the combat with more easily.
So.. to me 3 aspects

- People have less time to play, and the big enemies have all time to play.
- Several bad systems in darkfall(siege system,bunny jump etcs,cities to not protect you, actually cities drop people morale by the griefing caused by hostiles)
- Combat is harder to master and be good at it against young people.

Sum all together and you will have an harder time trying to skill up against people that can grief you all day long, with few resources and mobs to get gold.

I played UO, I can say it for 100%, pvp in UO was a lot easier, specially using UOAssist, other Macro tools, that you combine with combat TAB target system and TADA!, you do not have to aim, so is just a matter of the right macros and the right timing(that df still need too). In DF we have to aim one arrow, spells, and melee weapons against people that have 30 ping, at a moving target is all different. :P
- comparing df combat to UO,SB you must be kidding. We have examples, that people that were good at UO,SB combat system but are trash in DF.

Overall, other main factor is people in KGB do not have the same time that they have to play before, and if you cannot get a consistent group of players to play together at same time with same objectives we will have a harder time.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/04/11 03:15 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I don't agree with the FPS thing being a problem. In fact it's one of the biggest appeal of the game : player and not toon skill matter due to FPS. It also gives real hiding using the terrain and the friendly fire can be used against a large undisciplined zerg.
That's what we all dreamed about when first following this game while playing SB hardcore.
The first month on EU when all toons were roughly the sames were crazy good with even fights taking place everywhere all day long. I can remember coming back from work then playing 3 to 4 hours non stop fighting back and forth between Khosgar and the little hamlet south west.

Then the realization of how important the grind was and how insane it was hit. And it hit hard.

I'm going to be blunt.
When I want to play some fast action, I can load my BFBC2 and be in a game fighting on even ground in 5mn. For hours.
Or I can log in DFO, get my toon ready with all the gear I need. Either wait for a raid or go raid / try to find ennemies. This can take 30mn to 1h until a non automaticly lost fight is found. Then I can bitch about paperdoll locks. And go back to thinking about leveling some ray spells or get some other spells to surging because it's an edge which is needed when you don't have the ping one.
And well, I don't have time to devote for that. If I was still a student, it would be another totally different story because even with this grind DFO is the best MMO out there.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood
Hey I have an idea, why don’t they create a mirror image of the land mass, where you can’t harm anybody and people can gains skills and farm freely, we can call this land Brammel…

You are being disrespectful, so I am ending my participation in this conversation.

[Linked Image]
Sini #88092 05/04/11 04:44 PM
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
My apologies to you and anyone else who thinks I am being disrespectful to any people. It wasn’t to attack you or anyone else, nor was it the first time I posted that or said it in vent and I think it was appropriate here.

Sini #88125 05/05/11 04:02 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: sinij
Ismash,

I will be blunt. In the current state of affairs, following KGB is even less helpful than leaving someone in newbie lands. MS is a revolving door of apathetic 'alliance' and constant rowing red ganks. I don't even know why we are in this alliance, but that is entirely different topic for a different thread.

Not to disrespect Prism's admirable achievements, but gridning salamanders won't get you meditation gold, reg gold or regs or enough HPs to not die in 1 hit. Even maxed melee mastery won't get you anywhere near combat ready. You need gold to meditate stats and magic skills, or you need gold to buy regs to macro stats and magic skills.

Well most of us that are still playing have limited time to play right now, me included. I am fighting to keep my job, and am here from sun up to down.
I think if there were more fun people playing, it would be funner. It is the people, not the game. I personally hope to be back soon, after the dust from this reorg settles in the next few weeks.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard