KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 52 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,027 Trump card
1,341,974 Picture Thread
479,774 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL
If your scared just say so, DFO is not for everyone, there is no game out there that EVERYONE will like, its just statistics.

If you don't have anything nice to say then please don't comment.

You mean me?? I am not scared, I just was putting what I would like to see in DFO.

Last edited by Salohcin Dragon; 04/14/11 08:20 PM.

Former KGB Member
Former Member
Former Member
No just all the negative comments, not mad or anything...hope no one takes personal offence of it.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Pha...welcome back Ewhol, but if one more person posts the "if you dont have something nice to say about my game of the month flavor" I am gonna hunt them down and make them spend a week in a box with Drak.

DFO has good and bad. I do have one question. If your gonna do this meditation stuff (talking game design here)..why be coy about it. Why not just set up a vendor someplace that I can go to with enough gold and let me buy the insta skill. Kinda like the old colored moongates in UO test servers where you could set whatever skill you desired. Hell, you could even get creative and limit the number of skills a person could do this with. But this "meditate" it while your offline..pha..still a time waster, and THAT is the huge issue. My god, my characters were 2 years old and I was no where near maxxed on the stats. Which is the primary reasons I am no longer in DFO.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Meditation offline is a great feature to reduce the gap between people that can play more hours and those cant.

You can play and follow the words: "have fun" for 1-2 hours and then put money to meditate your stats to like 75..(that is quick and not too much gold). Beyond 75 the gold and the time are high.

If UO had meditating would be good, too, DFO has flawns but devs keep put more options to players have fun with different play styles. While UO was developed by EA, DF was developed by a small team.

So I ask to KGBers come back to DF!
But do not expect that will only have fun when you toon is maxed or to begin playing when it maxed, as it the overall player mentality, you will quit if you think like that.

Uber is an example: He chose to not participate a single Sea Tower event or Alliance Siege, and was always farming while people were doing stuff together, he quit before do anything in group.

An example of player having fun since and until today is Critter, he is always pving or pveing and always do that even when his toon had low stats and skills.

Last edited by Mithus; 04/15/11 08:23 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Former Member
Former Member
No just all the negative comments, not mad or anything...hope no one takes personal offence of it.

oops..somebody did.

I wasn't demanding, I said please. I wouldn't post negative comments about a game someone else plays.Now if we were having a discussion then I would share my opinion. The fact is that all the private DFO forums are locked to only active players so they aren't tainted by people who don't play anymore or have negative feelings towards it.

For me it is not my game flavor of the month, I played it for 1.5 years and took an 8 month break(during which I only posted a hanfull of times asking how everyone was doing and were they enjoying themselves. I got burnt out for a while but in no way would I want to press that into influencing others to feel the same way. These are not the DFO or some gaming website foroms, we are supposed to all be friends here. If my ideals and beliefs about our community here are false then shame on me.

Whatever game you play or whatever you do to enjoy yourself as long as it wasn't damaging to you or others I would certainly approve of it and help in anyway i could to prolong or improve your experiance with that activity.

Its just a game, there are hundreds if not thousands of public websites where individuals can express there opinions negatively or positivly towards specific games. I would just to hope to not see fellow KGB discouraging thier brothers and sisters in anyway from making there own descisions and having fun. If a post goes up asking new and/old players to check it out then it is for those that like the idea or are intrigued by it and those that don't should in my opinion(just my opinion here, don't take it to heart) just ignore it and keep doing whatever it is that they are curently enjoying.

I apologize if I upset anyone with this or my previous post and personaly to you vuldan.

Former Member
Former Member
Peronally I like to always be proggressing, gives me a sence of accomplishment. Meditation is an addition so it can't be that bad. Its mainly to help newer players close the gap, thats all. Stats help but aren't the end all be all of the game by any means.
Offline skilling is nice, its not much and by no means completly "fixes" the game but is a nice addition none the less.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
To me after 2 year, I still get the Thrill, the emotion of the player versus playing interaction.

Yesterday Critter, Bearrok and Me were around Marshral, fighting reds.

First we went to a spawn near Khosgar, killed two veterans players farming menhirs and looted them and 2-4 minutes later we were being chased by 4-5 guys on mounts, we managed to get them way.

After that we went back to MS and there as a red, then after that a group like 5-6 around MS and didnt win, we got killed but it was fun to group with KGBers, so the thrill, the rage all still present and that is what I like in DF.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Former Member
Former Member
May not be perfect but nothing else comes close in my book.

S
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
S
People miss the point of darkfall sometimes. I know none of you know me but will understand when i say that the FEAR, ANGER, HAPPYNESS, and all the other powerful emotions our brought out in DF cause this is a game where you actually give a shit. You have to, its the truest sandbox MMO out RIGHT NOW. ANd for all its flaws and imperfiections they did manage to get one thign right. The feeling. I went red the day i started playing, been red the whole tie was on NA, transfered to EU and went red there, never lived in a blue city. Got attacked, killed, stolen from, double crossed, ambushed, beaten bloody, camped at the bindstone, and thrown out of my home, running as i watched it burn and anouther flag was brought to full mast with someone else using what used to be my bank and crafting tables.

But you know what? I have done these things to other people too. And only when you have been through all that growing up as a noob can you appreciate the game when you become a vet. Risk Vs Reward. If it was easy everyone would do it and then why would you want to push all the way to the top when everyone else is there with you.

I don't know. My 2 cents

oops..somebody did.

I wasn't demanding, I said please. I wouldn't post negative comments about a game someone else plays.Now if we were having a discussion then I would share my opinion. The fact is that all the private DFO forums are locked to only active players so they aren't tainted by people who don't play anymore or have negative feelings towards it.

For me it is not my game flavor of the month, I played it for 1.5 years and took an 8 month break(during which I only posted a hanfull of times asking how everyone was doing and were they enjoying themselves. I got burnt out for a while but in no way would I want to press that into influencing others to feel the same way. These are not the DFO or some gaming website foroms, we are supposed to all be friends here. If my ideals and beliefs about our community here are false then shame on me.

Whatever game you play or whatever you do to enjoy yourself as long as it wasn't damaging to you or others I would certainly approve of it and help in anyway i could to prolong or improve your experiance with that activity.

Its just a game, there are hundreds if not thousands of public websites where individuals can express there opinions negatively or positivly towards specific games. I would just to hope to not see fellow KGB discouraging thier brothers and sisters in anyway from making there own descisions and having fun. If a post goes up asking new and/old players to check it out then it is for those that like the idea or are intrigued by it and those that don't should in my opinion(just my opinion here, don't take it to heart) just ignore it and keep doing whatever it is that they are curently enjoying.

I apologize if I upset anyone with this or my previous post and personaly to you vuldan.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard