KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Funny thing about Liberals that tell everyone they should be opened minded, they are the most closed minded people I know. They only tell you how opened minded you are only if you agree with them.

Thats funny:

1) I believe gay people should be able to get married, and yet I am not gay.
2) I am a strong supporter of a healthcare bill that I will not benefit from.
3) I support the extension of unemployment and I am not unemployed.
4) I support the scientific theory of global warming, yet dealing with it will not benefit me in anyway.

Need anymore examples?

No more needed you proved my point.

I will go one further gay and lesbians should be able to get married, I don't discriminate against women.

The health care bill may not benefit you but will cause a lot more damage then you think.

How long should unemployment be extended I believe its been 90+ months now. So how long should it be 150 months or how about 350 months, how long should we support them. I don't have a problem with unemployment but there has to be a limit.

You only support the scientist that say human made global warming is real, you don't support the scientist that say humans don't cause global warming even with the evidence they put out.

You don't support peoples belief in a higher power, you don't have to believe in but you debate and I am sure you ridicule them.

Another problem with liberals is that good intentions cause a lot of damage.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
I will go one further gay and lesbians should be able to get married, I don't discriminate against women.

Do you actually think Jet discriminates against women because he only wrote "gay marriage?"

The health care bill may not benefit you but will cause a lot more damage then you think.

I don't care what you think of the health care bill - this statement is about as useful as a swift kick to the ribs.

How long should unemployment be extended I believe its been 90+ months now. So how long should it be 150 months or how about 350 months, how long should we support them. I don't have a problem with unemployment but there has to be a limit.

I don't care for our unemployment system at all, but I would rather support the leeches than suffer from the results of massive poverty. Economics suck.

You only support the scientist that say human made global warming is real, you don't support the scientist that say humans don't cause global warming even with the evidence they put out.

The big difference is that he supports proactive scientists in this case. Scientists who suspect that we are contributing to global warming are also looking for ways to reduce our footprint on the environment - do you believe that we should NOT be considerate of our ecosystem?

You don't support peoples belief in a higher power, you don't have to believe in but you debate and I am sure you ridicule them.

I don't think anyone has come out on the forums to say "stop believing in your God!" Many people have posted their own beliefs, especially in response to threads like this. When it comes to threads like this, you see a lot of "I don't agree because..." posts - you don't see many "you're wrong and you'll burn in Hell if you don't renounce your religion" posts.

I know that religious discussion tends to get heated, but if you take a step back and drop your defenses, you might see everyone's views in a different light. Lets also remember that this thread started with a video of Holrom insisting that anyone who is not of his church will not be embraced by Jesus - that sort of message really stirs up the embers!

Another problem with people is that good intentions cause a lot of damage.

Fix't. Don't be dense - liberals aren't the only ones who mean well and fuck up sometimes. My dad always told me that "good intentions pave the road to Hell." That goes for liberals and conservatives alike; no one is exempt.

Holy shit (pun intended), I hate politigious threads. I'm done with this thread - I hope you guys manage to pull your heads out of your asses!

PS - Helemoto, I'm sorry for only tearing your post apart. I could dig into some of Jet's posts just as bad, but I only had time for one roasting this morning!

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Religion doesnt matter.

Be good.

A higher power would understand.

This. Don't do to other what you would not want them to do to you.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997

The term "Gay" is been used as a reference to homosexuality. This includes both Male and Female

I'll take the CBO office's assessment before any pundit. You must be opposed to Medicare and Social Security too? Shame on you.

What has been called "The Great Recession" can only be compared to the Great Depression. Roosevelt's "New Deal" to get us out of that mess made drastic changes that lasted until WW2 in 1941. It has been proven that it is cheaper to extend unemployment benefits than to move people to welfare and other social programs.

Same point with the Heathcare debate. People can go to any emergency room and get care, with no pay, and we end up paying a huge price compared to if these same people had preventative medicine. If you want to know why things are so expensive, it is because we are doing much of our standard healthcare in the emergency rooms. Illegals, and foreigners alike will not be turned down in an emergency room, and you and I pay the price.

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed the current scientific opinion, in particular on recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) position of January 2001 which states:
An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. http://www.grida.no/publications/other/ipcc_tar/?src=/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/index.htm

There is a strong consensus that global surface temperatures have increased in recent decades and that the trend is caused mainly by human-induced emissions of greenhouse gases. No scientific body of national or international standing disagrees with this view.

Arguments against human influenced global warming just don't hold water period.

"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." John F. Kennedy

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Everything can be fixed with war and that's the American way.

Make less people and make less problems. :p

All the other issues aside my main concern about extending unemployment is not the numbers at all. My concern is that if you keep giving people extensions then they lose the will to even try anymore.

You may not agree with this opinion and I know that personal observations don't technically count as fact but I see a lot of instances here in my area of people that used to work hard now getting free money and just getting the attitude of not wanting to work anymore.

I think that will is everything and too many people are shifting from hand up..to hand out mentality.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: JetStar

The term "Gay" is been used as a reference to homosexuality. This includes both Male and Female

I'll take the CBO office's assessment before any pundit. You must be opposed to Medicare and Social Security too? Shame on you.

What has been called "The Great Recession" can only be compared to the Great Depression. Roosevelt's "New Deal" to get us out of that mess made drastic changes that lasted until WW2 in 1941. It has been proven that it is cheaper to extend unemployment benefits than to move people to welfare and other social programs.

Same point with the Heathcare debate. People can go to any emergency room and get care, with no pay, and we end up paying a huge price compared to if these same people had preventative medicine. If you want to know why things are so expensive, it is because we are doing much of our standard healthcare in the emergency rooms. Illegals, and foreigners alike will not be turned down in an emergency room, and you and I pay the price.

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed the current scientific opinion, in particular on recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) position of January 2001 which states:
An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities. http://www.grida.no/publications/other/ipcc_tar/?src=/climate/ipcc_tar/wg1/index.htm

There is a strong consensus that global surface temperatures have increased in recent decades and that the trend is caused mainly by human-induced emissions of greenhouse gases. No scientific body of national or international standing disagrees with this view.

Arguments against human influenced global warming just don't hold water period.

"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." John F. Kennedy

Holy shit, I did not want to enter this thread but dammit Jet, what you are saying is plain insane.

Your precious CBO report itself outlines huge increases in the percentage of GDP health care will eat up.

Fact: Obamacare introduces HUGE taxes as well.

Fact: You were taking data OUT OF CONTEXT in regards to effects of Obamacare

Fact: You have yet to acknowledge the costs and downsides of any program you favor. You make no move to acknowledge the presence of downsides or other consequences and instead post one liners with an out of context copy/paste, as if that somehow is making an argument that the upsides are better than the downsides.

Fact: your debate style is identical to that of a Fox News commentator, except you are making left-wing claims instead of right-ring claims. =P
Instead of insulting all of our intelligence by persisting in the myth that Obamacare is somehow free, just admit that you dont care who gets harmed, as long as your friends get insurance again and you get to feel "good" about that.

Secondly, that you would make such an insane claim that the "New Deal" somehow alleviated the Great Depression is concrete proof that not only have you not seriously researched, but listened only to some of the most extremist lefties. The economy was still shit after the New Deal, WW2 and its ensuing full employment is what ended the Great Depression.

I wont even get into the climate crap.

Having an opinion is great, continually expressing that opinion as fact despite all evidence to the contrary is silly.

Stop being silly.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Can we kill this thread already?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Just getting warmed up.

"The term "Gay" is been used as a reference to homosexuality. This includes both Male and Female" JET

Since you are not gay, how would you know. I know a few gay and lesbians and they don't go with your reference, the ladies prefer lesbian.

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Dudes can't be bi.....just sayin.

Also I am from Texas and that in and of itself makes everything that I say fact. Even though I am not debating anything I just wanted you all to remember that...just in case.

/swig

As an afterthought Zombie this thread should keep going. Not talking things out thoroughly is one of the main reasons people cannot communicate on the same page and nothing ever gets done.

Take stopping this thread for instance just because some people are not interested and multiply that by some other numbers that will equal it out to the amount of senators and representatives and congressmen and what have you and you see why nothing gets done anymore.

People too often dismiss issues due to indifference and noone likes a mugwump.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 11/30/10 04:42 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Fine end the thread.

Mark up another victory for Helemoto.

Cake all around.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard