KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Wolfgang #70372 07/07/10 01:44 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
Zhenyu has the idea, you bitches need to put the purses down and get in game. For those of you that wanted choas city life, well we have that right now. So get your ass's in game. OR Stay in WOW, or whatever "HARDCORE" (snickers) pVp game you all are playing.

I would rather count the ceiling tiles at work then put one more minuet into the sad game mechanics that AV has put out. The game is in its death throws, and probably will not survive to the end of the year without Taso sucking up his pride, and getting some more investors.

Quite honestly, time and time again, the core Sr. Dev's that are at the crux of AV's issues would love it if only a handfull of the people they wanted to play with were playing DFO. They honestly operate in a vacuum, believing that this steamer of a Pay to Play Beta is anywhere near a point where its even remotely anywhere near fully developed and ready for launch.

In short, it isn't the concept of DFO that's bad, its the people (devs) and the implementation that is terribad.

DFO in the future will be what people refer to when they get ass fucked by a Pay to Play Beta for years. It will go something like this; "Oh man, we just got Darkfall'd again with [insert game name here], god damn it, I really hate broken ass games."

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #70373 07/07/10 02:20 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I would rather count the ceiling tiles at work then put one more minuet into the sad game mechanics that AV has put out. The game is in its death throws, and probably will not survive to the end of the year without Taso sucking up his pride, and getting some more investors.

Quite honestly, time and time again, the core Sr. Dev's that are at the crux of AV's issues would love it if only a handfull of the people they wanted to play with were playing DFO. They honestly operate in a vacuum, believing that this steamer of a Pay to Play Beta is anywhere near a point where its even remotely anywhere near fully developed and ready for launch.

In short, it isn't the concept of DFO that's bad, its the people (devs) and the implementation that is terribad.

DFO in the future will be what people refer to when they get ass fucked by a Pay to Play Beta for years. It will go something like this; "Oh man, we just got Darkfall'd again with [insert game name here], god damn it, I really hate broken ass games."

Its the best and only sandbox game out there, no matter what anyone says.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #70374 07/07/10 03:54 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: JetStar

Its the best and only sandbox game out there, no matter what anyone says.

Being the best, in a field no one else is competing in isn't saying much. It is like giving ribbons to everyone who competed, so that the losers don't feel bad. Its the ONLY sandbox Full loot MMO out there besides the Hybrid UO servers, and honestly Hybrid UO gives DFO a run for its money still.

In all honesty, Shadowbane and SWG were really the only two MMO's with a full blown Sandbox environment, (Build what you want, where you want, as long as it fit, and it wasn't designated a NPC/No Build zone) I might even entertain UO in this discussion. The only ones with full blow FFA loot is pretty much DFO, and that is one of its few bright spots.

Tasorin #70375 07/07/10 04:42 PM
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I think we all get it by now Tas, you don't like DFO ...

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Longshanks #70376 07/07/10 05:35 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
BAH...it's one thing to trash something Tas, but your not even being fair. There are MANY bright spots in DFO. Yes, it's fractured, but not broken. Some stuff needs work, but still, not broken.

I think the biggest issue is the change that people no longer are comfortable with. It's like what pissed darka off, when magic was changed recently. Still, nothing to leave the game for me yet.

There are things I do not like, but it is still the only game of its type out there. UO might still exist, but it is nothing compared to DFO. AOC is better graphically and some game mechanics, but fail on the full loot sand box aspect. Shadowbane is gone, WOW is and always has been such a joke, DAOC still exists, but the frontiers are all the PvP you will get...Star Wars was raped like UO and on and on ad nauseum. DFO still manages to fill so much, even with the hacked and exploited little problems and such. I predict you are wrong Tas, DFO WILL survive, it may see a server merge, but it will survive.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Vuldan #70486 07/08/10 03:33 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Curious, why does EVE get left out of the list? It is a sandbox with loot of whats not destroyed. Just curious, moving along now.

Banshee #70544 07/09/10 06:48 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
STFU Bansh...lol. It's not FULL loot..that's why..

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Longshanks #70547 07/09/10 08:41 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Longshanks

Actually I did for a long time. NA-1 and the horrible patch's since there were pretty much the nails in the coffin.

Once again, Great concept, horrible implementation. Its not that DFO is a horrible game, its that AV is a horrible developer.

Tasorin #70550 07/09/10 09:59 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council

Actually I did for a long time. NA-1 and the horrible patch's since there were pretty much the nails in the coffin.

Once again, Great concept, horrible implementation. Its not that DFO is a horrible game, its that AV is a horrible developer.

I suggest a strategic retreat Shanks. Trying to get the last word with Tas is like trying to get congress to vote in term limits for themselves...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #70554 07/09/10 10:30 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

I suggest a strategic retreat Shanks. Trying to get the last word with Tas is like trying to get congress to vote in term limits for themselves...

No, if your going to put out there that "xyz" is what came out of my mouth, you shouldn't leave out the "y and z"

I still like DFO's concept, I just despise AV.

Its like SWG and Sony. Absolutely loved SWG up to CU, and absolutely hated Sony the entire time. I still haven't purchased a single thing from Sony since they fucked up SWG. If AV was actually a larger publisher/developer I would of banned them as well from future support in the form of $$.

*EDIT: Don't hate the game, hate the makers and support of the game, there the ones fucking it up, its not the games fault for sucking.

Last edited by Tasorin; 07/09/10 10:31 AM. Reason: Because I can

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard