KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62572 04/08/10 04:20 PM
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
this is something i find very important from back when i was in douche bags of wessex. I was one of the main ones that patrols the borders of the lands and came to the aid of any calls while on the patrol. tomorrow morning i will be making a round to map out the 4 corners of andruks map square. then i will start patrolling everyday from then on. this is how I run it.

1)roughly every hour (depending on what i am doin grinding, rl, or what not) i do 1 to 2 laps around the borders. (times may very and laps may very to how much active is seen throughout the day to insure best results)

2)While on the patrol if any attacks are reported they are answered to clearify and give more info to help insure defeat of the attacker.

3)General rule bring a battle buddy. I myself will still go solo if i can't get a battle buddy but one is recommended.

4)before start of a patrol session ask in clan for help on a run. more that want to go the more chance u will be able to defeat attackers if spotted on the spot rather then detering them to wait for back up.

5) must get to know the route well and the terrain. being able to spot a enemy and know exactly where u are can help boost ur chances of getting the high ground or even a hiding spot to allow time for reinforcements to get to u to insure defeat of the enemy.

6) must be able to give out instructions if leading a patrol with others and/or give information if solo of spotted enemies and any information pertaining to the overall situation and direction of the infultrator.

I would like others to step up am reply to this if u would like to lead some patrols or would be interested in helping when someone needs a battle buddy for there patrols.

also i would like input from all on opinions on ways to make this more efficient. I will be redo the wordings and everything on this in a lil bit just wanted to get this up here cause i wanted this up this morning to get this going sooner. after i take a bath and take some asprin i'll revise this post lol.

Band 6
Band 6
There's announcements in the works about military structure; patrols have been brought up by Drakis earlier ... however, at this time, it isn't fesible to execute.

Maybe at a time in the future; but as a guy who raided Wessex daily, I must say I never once ran into a patrol.

I'm not ruling out this idea completly, but I think we have more pressing needs to address before we get fancy like this.

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I know I have talked to val and others about it aswell. But this is something i am doing on my own as i did in duchy. we have only had a handful of people that were actually willing to do it but those that did always had something to do since we got raided so often.

I mainly brought this up here to start a talk between members to maybe work up a good plan to make this work good for when it is formally introduced in the future.

I am doing this on my own time and my own money. I only ask others to join me volentaringly as i am doing. to get more of a sense of defending ur own home. For me to go on a patrol and catch a raid coming to my home(andruk) and tipping off my family in turn foiling the objective of the intruders and insuring the successful defence of our home is nothing less then feeling pure excitement and relief knowing ur home is secure and safe because of ur actions.

i will do this alone it won't bother me i like to do it. I may die from time to time on a patrol but knowing i gave u all a better chance to survive makes it well worth it. And for those times we successfully defeat and kill all the attackers that just makes my day that much better and makes me proud that i logged in.

when u get to really know me and what i am about u will understand why i do some of the things i do. my goal in games is strange lol. I am generally the first in line for a fight ( not currently due to lack of FPS in siges but hopefully fixed soon) and the last one to leave. I like to be in front on a charge to have eye on potential weak points and choke spots that might not be seen by others. and i generally take the rear on the retreat cause i can't leave a man behind. thats why i alway run in the back when we travel to drop back to stay behind to help those left behind or straggling behind. were safer in numbers then we are alone. I would give my heart,lungs, or life for my family and real true friends. In game i do the same for anyone that holds a KGB tag. I'll sacrific myself if that means u all get even 1 sec more of distance to get away to safety. thats just the way i am lol. yes i am a carebear if u don't like it then i got a daughter that i'll send u! she will straighten u right up.

Last edited by Devan Omega; 04/08/10 05:21 PM.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
There is a KGB position for this type of work

The KGB Marshals. When we become better staffed I will consider reactivating this part of KGB.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Here is an announcement from June of 2009 where I reactivated the Marshals to defend Andruk:
Quote:

KGB Marshals of Justice

In 1999, High King JetStar established the Marshals of Justice. In UO Marshals were the only group besides the KGB Order of the Paladins that were allowed to go red. After UO the Marshals became obsolete, and were retired. Move forward to 2009. The need is there, and the time is right to reactivate the Marshals for a new and important duty.

The KGB Darkfall Marshals of Justice
Lead by the KGB Provost Marshal, and reporting through the military command structure, the KGB Marshals will have the following duties:

1) City Defense.
2) Scouting and field intelligence.
3) Serve as regular military during sieges and raids.

*** The Provost Marshal and the Marshals will be in charge of City defense, unless relieved by a KGB General. As always, in a combat situation, the ranking officer is in charge.

KGB's Uth Magar will serve as the first Provost Marshal in 8 years. Uth has done a great job at leading the City Defense effort. Uth will wear the Lieutenant rank in game and will be selecting Marshals to assist him. Marshals will be dedicated to the city defense effort full time. During sieges and raids, they will report as regular military.

If you are interested in being a part of a tight defense group, should work with Provost Marshal Uth.

Congratulations, and welcome back to the KGB Marshals of Justice.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
cool yea that sounds great smile i'll defenently be looking to help with the marshalls. I'll keep a eye out for when this starts so i can join it and help who ever the head marshall is smile.

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
what ever happened to Uth? I miss that crazy bastard!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Devan Omega
this is something i find very important from back when i was in douche bags of wessex. I was one of the main ones that patrols the borders of the lands and came to the aid of any calls while on the patrol. tomorrow morning i will be making a round to map out the 4 corners of andruks map square. then i will start patrolling everyday from then on. this is how I run it.

1)roughly every hour (depending on what i am doin grinding, rl, or what not) i do 1 to 2 laps around the borders. (times may very and laps may very to how much active is seen throughout the day to insure best results)

2)While on the patrol if any attacks are reported they are answered to clearify and give more info to help insure defeat of the attacker.

3)General rule bring a battle buddy. I myself will still go solo if i can't get a battle buddy but one is recommended.

4)before start of a patrol session ask in clan for help on a run. more that want to go the more chance u will be able to defeat attackers if spotted on the spot rather then detering them to wait for back up.

5) must get to know the route well and the terrain. being able to spot a enemy and know exactly where u are can help boost ur chances of getting the high ground or even a hiding spot to allow time for reinforcements to get to u to insure defeat of the enemy.

6) must be able to give out instructions if leading a patrol with others and/or give information if solo of spotted enemies and any information pertaining to the overall situation and direction of the infultrator.

I would like others to step up am reply to this if u would like to lead some patrols or would be interested in helping when someone needs a battle buddy for there patrols.

also i would like input from all on opinions on ways to make this more efficient. I will be redo the wordings and everything on this in a lil bit just wanted to get this up here cause i wanted this up this morning to get this going sooner. after i take a bath and take some asprin i'll revise this post lol.

Been there done that...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm going to agree, that right now we really can't do this ATM. It is a nice Idea, but it will take the right people to do it. Let's face it, running around a city patroling isn't the funnest thing in the world to do.

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
none the less, keep your eyes peeled and looking at that system log. We haven't had to use a system log in a long ass time... so don't forget about it and communicate what you see quickly and precise!

Also, is there any thought about a system bot? I have a toon account that is not active or being used that KGB can have if they want to use for this... just let me know!

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard