KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Syloc #59707 02/22/10 07:33 PM
KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
What was Kay's style exactly?

Only seen him mellee from my 3 encounters, but he hits hard as hell fast as hell but it is still an exchange from both 1 v 1's. After dueling some people I think like rock n roller is far superior in melee if he would actually equip a pimp weapon instead of that lame transmute that hits for a whopping 25dmg. eek

Dalmar #59709 02/22/10 08:26 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
The thing that people misunderstand about Kay, is that he can adapts quicker than most people would guess.

I'm not saying he's a god, because his spell aim sucks ass; but he was a pure kiter when he was on his legit character and he was a pure rusher when he was on his bought character.

Kay's style is movement, plain and simple. He's adept at knowing prioitizing targets, who to avoid, and how to stick to a target. The thing that makes him hard to judge is that he has such an OP character, so I was never sure if his RUSH style was just because he had a character that could pull it off, or that he was stupid enough to think that he could play like this with a regular character.

I suspect the former.

RockNRollar's good, but he has a particular style; and by no means superior in melee. (No offense Real =P)

Here's the truth though.

Dueling 1v1s will tell you if someone's good, but DOESN'T mean you'll be a good group mate. Kay was horrible at this. Didn't stay by teammates, didn't crossheal, didn't coverfire.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #59713 02/22/10 11:39 PM
KGB Knight Inactive
KGB Knight Inactive
Gotcha, like I said have not seen Kay kite at all but only a few encounters as well.

And my style may just be how rock picks me apart in melee, he
hits me almost two for one even though my swing speed is faster (Ive won through sheer amount of dmg I do per hit versus his) wereas Kay this last time I had him solo on the wall was exchanges he just hit far harder (still training GS).

I need to work on my kiting and general awarenss, in all honesty I think my large array of spells gets me in trouble because I feel the need to use them all...(I kited better as an archer 0.o) gotta work on only using my situational spells when the situation arises, not just cause I have em grin

Dalmar #59714 02/22/10 11:56 PM
Syloc Offline OP
Band 6
OP Offline
Band 6
Believe it or not, the best thing that will help you is knowing how to stay alive in PvP. This means knowing how to dodge while moving in a direction, using terrian to your advantage, mount hopping down hills, Parry 180 Jumping, and Shrapnal jumping.

The thing is, if you know that you have to tools to survive after engaging someone, then you can be a little more aggressive in battle.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #60023 02/28/10 02:47 AM
Former Member
Former Member
It was Bioshock 2 but its over now and im back, I'm always down to duel/group fights now. Just now getting my toon to a decent level and I'm still developing my play style and player skill to match my character. Plus dicking around in the city can be fun!

EhWoL #60049 02/28/10 08:13 AM
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL
It was Bioshock 2 but its over now and im back, I'm always down to duel/group fights now. Just now getting my toon to a decent level and I'm still developing my play style and player skill to match my character. Plus dicking around in the city can be fun!

I jammed Bioshock 2 for a weekend... That game was a bit of fun.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Valaria #60239 03/03/10 07:11 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
There is a lot to be said for this. Kay was amazing, and he was right in his final tirade to me, in this type of game he would always own me, always be better than me. I have lost so many fights in 1 v 1 PvP in DFO its a crime, but in this environment, twitch skills are critical, and as noted, the older you get the harder it is to maintain those. This artical explained it perfectly for me;

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/02/no-country-for-old-men/

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Syloc #60423 03/07/10 04:14 PM
KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Or just hack like Syloc does. I still remember Combat Arms you twitchy bastard.

STUBS!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard