KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,601 Trump card
1,342,513 Picture Thread
481,113 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Let me add one more thing

Thank you Romeo, for everything you do

I have $1.35 to my name, a car worth 100 bucks with a half a tank of gas, and have put in hundreds of applications, moved hundreds of miles to a whole different state leaving behind my home soil, family, and friends and have never made or asked anyone to do more then they are comfortable with but I have always appreciated all the things I have been given or helped with during this time including but not limited to when Jet sent me a wireless internet card and when I used to get food at the local church. If people want to donate to Haiti fine, but if there is any bitterness on my part it stems more from me not being able to do the same for myself and those abroad.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I donated some Wednesday, then the next day later I get laid off from work (shrugs). We as a nation give more than any because we have more than many. I don't hold it against anyone that donates or not, it's their money and thank goodness we live in a country that allows us to spend it how we want. At least for now... seems like congress and the president are hell bent to get ahold of our money. But that's another story.

We do get help in the time of need, it's not the kind of response that we would give but people do help. I do get frustrated with it as well sometimes.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
you posted so many times on top of yourself that it's obvious your angry and a bit unbalanced over this.

Since when does someone breaking up a post to increase their total post count, make them unbalanced? wink

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Matthew 7:12 even if u arent a christian u still should abide by this as a human being
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
That means if a earthquake hit your town or where u live or any natural disaster. Wouldnt u want help? Ask yourself if that was your family lying in that wake of destruction wouldnt u want help.

I know in the past 5 years 2 hurricanes have devastated the region i live in southeast texas. After the hurricanes i heard of other countries giving helping out i mean look at Katrina we got support from not just the USA but canada,most of europe,even mexico. There is alot people in this wolrd even on this board can learn. The world is made up of almost 7billion people and it doesnt revolve around you there are others in more dire need then you.

If your posting on this board then your not doing bad.

Last edited by Ken_Kamillion; 01/16/10 09:35 PM.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
you posted so many times on top of yourself that it's obvious your angry and a bit unbalanced over this.

Since when does someone breaking up a post to increase their total post count, make them unbalanced? wink

laugh

Well Ken as i said I am lucky enough to have people that are trying to help me, and posting on this board from a friends pc is one of the things I am thankful he lets me do, however it isn't by any of my own doing I assure you. I was posting about direction and intent, generalizing, and looking at it from not only my perspective but that of our country, since I served as a soldier my patriotism sometimes makes me see our country first and others second which is probably not a good vantage point from which to discuss such issues. Generalization which is something I have often times done in the past usually gets taken out of context, blown out of proportion, and I get raked over the coals, you'd think I'd know better by now...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Just because you are bitter doesn't mean they deserve to suffer!

2 Thumbs Up!
Donations!

Who is bitter?

My point was I rather spend my personal time and money I worked for here locally, where I can see the impact, and know the $$$ is being used %100 to help the cause I have donated too. I donate my time to the local Food bank and loaves and fish's, and my money to a men's shelter helping stabilize there lives and get back on their feet.

Red Cross has a G & A of about 45%. So for every $1 you give them only about 55 cents actually goes to directly helping people in Haiti. The rest goes to cover the cost of operations.....including ridiculous rates for the most senior of members inside of the Red Cross.

If you really want your dollars to matter, look at the institution your donating too, and demand to know what is there overhead rate, or the conversion rate from donated monies to actual help. By law they have to provide this too as it is required to be disclosed as public information for not-for-profit charitable organizations.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
This is really terrible, I think it's because they let the christian god into their midst... See what happens when a vengeful god starts to get jealous! (see Pat Robertsons comment - the idiot extraordinaire!) Stupid voodounists, dont they know you cant mix two polytheistic religions or things like this happen!

- Taliera: 20Cleric (Heal)
- Fnorg: 8Cleric(Heal)
- Evona: 15Fighter(Intimitank)
- Staciadon: 9Monk(Light)
- Elianora: 7Wizard(Elem)
- Sacrelicious: 11Monk(Light)
- Existencial: 5Rog/Wiz(Necro)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
By the way, I made my donations of food and water here in Houston. wink

- Taliera: 20Cleric (Heal)
- Fnorg: 8Cleric(Heal)