KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Lapatous Lamu
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,050,674 Trump card
1,346,814 Picture Thread
482,505 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Knight - Pirate Bootsnack
KGB Knight - Pirate Bootsnack
tldr

KGB Champion - Scrawl Grank
KGB Champion - Scrawl Grank
More likely, part of the problem is is that there isn't really a dedicated force to city defense. And why would there be?

Farming mobs solo is profitable. Gathering resources, you're able to pull more, and if a group jumps you. You and whoever you're mining with end up dead anyway.

Farming lower mobs, or exploitable mobs lends itself to being solo.

Response times are pretty bad anyway. I've been jumped in town. "West side, General Store." Slow response. People are doing their own thing and there isn't really much you can do about this. It's a problem that isn't anyone's fault. Unless you wanted to dedicate people to stand on Guard......... (Fuck no)

The majority of people gather naked, why? Because if they get jumped they know they're fucked. Unless you're attended, having a mount isn't a bad deal, but if you're jumped by 4+ you're pretty much out a mount too because they're getting a better jump on you. If you're trying to gather ore for an extended period of time, you're going to expect losses. I get jumped maybe once a day, on average. And only lose out on 40 wood and about 11 resin. The wood axe with it's low durability isn't a big deal. Can always hit the tool chest again. Gathering let's me catch up on paper work, tv, movies, phone calls, whatever. I factor it into my time I'll need to gather. Carrying a mount only makes me feel like I'll be a bigger snag for someone and have them come back.

Good responses have been when we've had a pvp group near by. Earlier today, some harvesters of sorrow and prkl or some garbage were coming in, 5-7 of them. PVP Group met up with what limited city response there was, killed 2 chased the others off.

Working on communication is great, but really, people gathering should just be talking to each other so that people coming in and raiding don't get as much if anything. Cut the losses.

This might sound like a defeatist view point. But, if there wasn't an advantage to striking as opposed to having to react while gathering. I don't think the pvp raid force we have would be as popular if it was tilted the other way.

We also have a few guilds in our city. Who are the most helpful? Silence. Hands down. Why? They're always in vent. Why aren't the other Khosgar occupants in vent? (Permanent tenants, not Stasis)

They might be getting killed outside the city, and not being able to ever give us a heads up.

People losing ridiculous amounts of regs, gold, whatever are part of the problem. But this comes from learning experience for most. The city feels safe. People who die multiple times while macro'ing with tons of stuff that never put up a fight are part of the problem. Need to make it higher risk, lower reward for people raiding.

Alliance Chat is fairly useless for finding out troop movements. You think we'd never get hit from the North or North East, because we have allies there. But we do. The people gathering in those areas should give us more of a heads up, but they don't.

Our West is our biggest problem. Gothic holds people who raid us. Blood has become a bigger problem.

I think... we should start a crime blotter if anything. Record the times you get ganked, clan affiliation, approximate number as well as approximate quality of gear/magic. You could identify problem times, problem guilds during certain periods.

Wait, this whole post is stupid. Here's a gif.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
i didnt read the post im tooooooo high there was to many words, BUT OMG DATA/LORE SOOOOOOO HOT.

[Linked Image from sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net]
Drakiis Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
it must be the gold skin...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard