KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 68 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Sybian, Traumen
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,049,438 Trump card
1,346,317 Picture Thread
482,299 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bardaji #38319 02/19/09 07:25 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I can deal with empty worlds; I played shadowbane after all

Former KGB Member
Revol #38320 02/19/09 07:49 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
The Beta Forums will become available shortly so that all may gain from it's knowledge.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Tonto_KGB #38321 02/19/09 11:47 AM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Quote:

Quote:

Apparently these salad tossers never thought that people would buy two accounts just to simply SPY!! The only thing "One" character per account does is support their business model of forcing more unit sales and a higher "inflated" subscription base once they get ready to offload this game.

No offense intended here, but how are they going to enforce that people are only playing as one character?

Track IP's and ban people who use multiple accounts from the same IP? What about people who live together and want to play seperate characters?

No users from the same email address or physical address? It's easy to create alternate emails and again, if there's like 2-3 people living in a house in college, they have to share one character?

I think this is the best way to go about it... sure, some people will still try to cheat, but how is that different from any other MMORPG? It's up to guilds to screen their members, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

By one Character per account, they mean "You get one toon per account" if you want multiple toons then you have to have multiple accounts. You can have as many accounts as you like, but your only ever going to get one toon at a time on each account.

As a business model, this makes sense. It forces those of us who two box, or like a mixture of race/skills to purchase a second unit, and pay for a second monthly nut. All of this drives up the "Unique Accounts" statistics, skewing the numbers in favor of the company to have a larger player base then they actually do. This should allow them to garner a higher resale price of the client to the likes of SoE or some company to that effect.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard