KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
OMG

Great post Vuldan this has to be the best I have read in sometime.

Count me in for DarkFall

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Great post Vuldan - I look forward to getting to know you.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Great Post Vuldan, although there are many of us who have known of KGB's reputation and fought against them in the past that have now sought refuge among their numbered greatness, including myself.

I have personally seen and read of the accounts of the past and sifted through the aged scriptures and illuminated texts making KGB my last official home for me in MMORPG's, and a cause worthy my sacrifices, what little I can contribute I will. I mean to learn from the best the guild has to offer, and keep the company of heroes as sword sworn to KGB.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

WOW! IT'S KGB! I MISS DAOC WITH YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

I might just have to get this game (although I would be very casual) just to reminisce a little bit!

Only as long as you agree to never again make a character named Manly... :P

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Darkfall should be another amazing time for KGB, much like Shadowbane was. I skipped AoC and WAR because they aren't what UO and SB are/were. I definitely intend on playing Darkfall like a madman, and even adding it as a second game to dungeonguru.net.

My only unresolved issue is which guild flag will I be flying. I know that doesn't sound great, but it's the truth of the matter. I definitely have never forgotten the days of KGB:SB. Those were glorious times, indeed.

I need to figure this out.

W
Oracle Newbie
Oracle Newbie
W
Great Post. I have watched Darkfall and had great hopes for the game.

I will be glad to be back in the KGB fold for Darkfall. I have been absent from KGB since Shadowbane failed.

Warborn
Band 6
Band 6
To tell you the truth, I never did join KgB for any length of time, namely because of the fact I was always on the opposite side. That being said, I always admired the Shadowbane and UO guilds that have stood the test of time, especially those who were actually good.

It's funny though, even in my latest MMORPG, Warhammer, I still found myself looking for the kind of PvP that I experienced in the years I played Shadowbane; and with a guild like KgB. To be honest, Warhammer's endgame, is sorely lacking. It's funny, the reason I joined my guild in Warhammer, it's cause it kinda has the same format of KGB, and, when it fell short (they sucked), it got me kinda down ...

... that is until I recieved an email from, of all people, KGB. You guys are getting serious again? This is GREAT news! If you'll have a random stranger from Shadowbane, COUNT ME IN!

-Syloc

Last edited by Syloc; 11/11/08 03:39 PM.

Former KGB Member
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Sorry to rob Senator Owain yet again, but I think this post hits it right on the head:

Quote:

Taxman and I were talking about that just today, comparing the current crop of MMOs with past offerings. Games like Warhammer, like WoW and like Conan are nice places to visit, but they are not where you would want to live.

Tax sent me this link to an interview in Wired with Richard Garriot, creator of the original Ultima series, which led to the best MMO ever released, IMHO, Ultima Online. An interesting quote from the interview:

Quote:

I've got a really strong affinity for the type of game that is represented by Ultima Online," he explained. "No one has gone back and followed up on that. Most MMOs since then have become more combat-oriented, and less of a virtual world; a place where you live.

In UO, we'd frequently log on, and just hang out in game with friends, either in town, or at the guild house, or in a tavern, drinking virtual beer. People got married in game, tournaments were held in game, treasure hunts were held in game. All sorts of events happened all the time.

Ive NEVER seen that kind of thing happening in any MMO since, because they are all the same quest driven, level grinding crap started in Everquest and perfected in WoW, and used by just about every MMO released in the past 8 years or so.

I'm really hoping we can get back to a world where we can LIVE, and not where we just work. Maybe we will find it in Darkfall, and maybe not. All I know is that I'm tired of grinding levels and chasing quests.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Jet, I am honored that you would use my humble thoughts to further the aims of the KGB.

Rob away!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
KGB Champion - Taco Salad
I might be there... Hopefully DF doesn't suck.

former KGB HQ neighbor (I moved to Portland, OR) and Shadowbane veteran, Rhaikh

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard