KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I dunno what we think is small

Whats a goal Number to start off with is my question ?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I Am The Storm.
Represent de KGB
www.The-KGB.com
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Now, this figure could be wrong - it is hard to predict exactly, but based on my best estimation we will likely have
vary between 15 and 25 people online during afternoon/evening hours, and a handfull during the day. During KGB's historic heavy-play nights like Sunday , we might break 30 - but the average guild participation I am projecting as things currently stand is having 1 or 2 FG during primetime hours and between 5-10ppl during off times.

The most important and immediate goal, is to secure and build a home somewhere , because noone wants to live out of the NPC Capitol.

My gut tells me, based on what I know of the game mechanics and other organizations coming to play, that to have a reasonably secure home in many areas of the map , an organization will require an ability to organize about 8 FG (about 80 people) at any given primetime hour, and have 2 FG or so actively protecting interests off-peak, and spread
itself between 3 Clan Stones, which upgraded will probably allow binding of 100~150 people each. ( base is 50, but I am hearing that number rises as you upgrade the city, and will likely be revised upward during beta.)

Now, a lot will depend on serverpop \ number of clanstones. Also, the spacing, and availability of stones far away from the quick-transport portals that are said to be in game. However, other clans arent dumb either - and I am guessing the clanstones furthest out will be prime real-estate, unless the flow of the game makes it so much more convenient to be closer to NPC towns/portals/etc that the powerhouse guilds really settle closer to the core.... but I am suspecting, that everyone will settle near the frontier for defensive reasons. Hopefully I am wrong in that regard.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I think you are guessing low. I bet we have 50 on nights. This is Darkfall, and you know everyone will want in.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Quite possible, its also possible my estimations in other areas may well be off. However, it is important to keep expectations realistic - and make sure that people know ahead of time the type of scenarios we might be facing.

No matter what route you take, you always give up something. There are always trade offs. Being relatively small is not something I am against, in fact there are many advantages to growing slowly and working to keep top-notch discipline at all stages. However, early siezing, holding and conquering swatchs of prime real-estate is not one of them.

Under a small,elite, slow-growth plan that type of thing comes later. As long as this is understood and accepted by the general member, and the general member still wishes to adhere to a similar type policy I am perfectly fine with it.

Getting entertwines with, and relying heavily on allies means we wouldnt be in "sole control" of our destiny, and would have to make compromises with others in regards to politics, access, etc.... pre-recruiting and heavy public recruiting would mean a flood of new faces , more issues with new members... more conflict internally to be resolved due to higher membership, and a more difficult time creating and maintaining flexible field response and discipline.

Like I said previously, we will be engaging in all 3 aspects to one degree or another - but the degree and direction was and is open to some discussion.

Band 7
Band 7
Like I mentioned before...I much more prefer a smaller, more disciplined unit. However, there is nothing to say that this smaller elite group couldn't be it's own sub faction of sorts (still KGB obviously).

I love to siege, and I hope it's a large part of our PVP in Darkfall. However, if we can't maintain a strict form of discipline in order to pull off the sieges then we invite severe frustration on us all....especially whomever the G5 is in the faction.

Former KGB Member
E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Not to compare , but maybe to show you how much people will draw to KGB.

We are not even openly recruiting yet. We have at this time 60-62 individual members of Warhammer. This includes our current candidates with applications as well.

We anticipated 20-25 at max,. I know we'll lose some to Darkfall because many are using warhammer as a passing time. I think for two weeks out of release its a pretty good start.

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Whats your average number of folk online at any given time?

I usually see between 10 and 20 in Vent warhammer related rooms, occasionally peaking a bit above that on like Sunday eve etc

I am anticipating similar total numbers in the guild, but the most important benchmark in a sandbox game, is how many people can you muster for organized military activity.

Band 7
Band 7
Quote:

Whats your average number of folk online at any given time?

I usually see between 10 and 20 in Vent warhammer related rooms, occasionally peaking a bit above that on like Sunday eve etc

I am anticipating similar total numbers in the guild, but the most important benchmark in a sandbox game, is how many people can you muster for organized military activity.

You also should take into account that the majority, or at least maybe half, of the current membership she is speaking of is new. While we will probably lose some of those in a game switch we should also consider that the majority of new members do not typically get on vent...unless they want to group with a Vent Nazi such as me.

Former KGB Member
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah, I have taken it into account.

Like I said previously, my estimates may end up being off -
but I do think they will be relatively ballpark. I also
think that at first, especially - between WoW expansion
and WH, that there will be some people that dont jump
on the DFO bandwagon as it heads out the starting gate.

How many? Impossible to say exactly.

Anyhow, I will divest my full ramblings on the matter
at some other time or find me in Vent, but I sure wouldnt
mind if there was a higher level of activity at the start
than I am currently anticipating. I do think, that if the
servers dont blow up and the game pwns, that we will see
some more people coming back to play over a period of 2-4
months... but thats a different matter.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Well since there are a lot of people who play alts and are changing chars, waiting on others to catch up etc. I haven't really been on too much during peak times. Daytime on average we can have anywhere from 5-15, this is work hours. At night there have been loads of people online. I honestly haven't payed attention to the numbers. Majority of our new people are using vent almost as soon as they are getting tagged. Its been really great for rvr, since warhammer is totally geared towards rvr

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard