KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
But bindstones limited capacity + no summon = you need a lot of logistic to pull 200+ players for a siege. And they won't come from all over Agon.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Missing in Action - October 2021
Yeah, that's something that we have to wait and see though. They say there won't be summons across the map to a location of your choice like in other games... but they also can't just make travel across the map tedious. Travel may take a good half hour though... we'll see.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I still wouldn't put it past people to bring 19237812093 members to a siege even without something as simple as summons. It would just take a little bit more preparation for the siege.

-[KGB]- Garal TheGreat

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The Few. The Proud. The KGB.

Hmmm, catchy, but it does sounds really familiar, for some reason.

I think that it would be best for us NOT to to bite off more than we can chew. We have been guilty of that in the past, and it has bitten us in the ass. I would much rather that we go into the game and develop a reputation as the best, the toughest, the meanest, most elite unit in the game, regardless of size.

If we demonstrate that we can not only succeed, but that we can thrive through superior tactics and concentration of force, then although we may not the biggest dog in the fight, we will still gain recruits at a rate that is supportable and sustainable. Grow too large, too fast, and we will only be asking for problems.

If it becomes known that the KGB can field a force of effective shock troops, alliances with larger guilds will not be a problem. If we cannot, then it doesn't matter how big we are, we will be ineffective.

Before we can get big, we first need to demonstrate that we are good.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Band 7
Band 7
Quote:

The Few. The Proud. The KGB.

Hmmm, catchy, but it does sounds really familiar, for some reason.

I think that it would be best for us NOT to to bite off more than we can chew. We have been guilty of that in the past, and it has bitten us in the ass. I would much rather that we go into the game and develop a reputation as the best, the toughest, the meanest, most elite unit in the game, regardless of size.

If we demonstrate that we can not only succeed, but that we can thrive through superior tactics and concentration of force, then although we may not the biggest dog in the fight, we will still gain recruits at a rate that is supportable and sustainable. Grow too large, too fast, and we will only be asking for problems.

If it becomes known that the KGB can field a force of effective shock troops, alliances with larger guilds will not be a problem. If we cannot, then it doesn't matter how big we are, we will be ineffective.

Before we can get big, we first need to demonstrate that we are good.

Exactly.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

Yeah, that's something that we have to wait and see though. They say there won't be summons across the map to a location of your choice like in other games... but they also can't just make travel across the map tedious. Travel may take a good half hour though... we'll see.

They say 8 hours on foot to go from one end of Agon to the other.
Quote:

I still wouldn't put it past people to bring 19237812093 members to a siege even without something as simple as summons. It would just take a little bit more preparation for the siege.

Yup, but if every kill you have is one player not coming for a long time, you can succeed. With loss sure, but you won't be defeated.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
I think we need to constantly promote practice. Solo PVP is great and all, but I think the key will be smaller groups of skilled players that can pick enemies off slowly but surely.

Our first goals should be figuring out how to stay alive longer than anyone else and perfecting a hit and run tactic that will pull enemies away from their zerg so we can chop them into tiny little cubes 1 at a time. Smaller groups have the benefit of quicker organization, so replenishing our forces after a wipe won't take 10 times longer than it should (like we saw in SB). As long as we practice team organization off the field and give everyone the chance to practice leading teams then we should never lack leaders and we'll be able to maintain focus.

We should recruit as fast as we can train members to understand and utilize out tactics, but no faster than that.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I wouldnt assume to much, also there are always time constraints.

In any case, this is a strategic discussion so lets not get to bogged down on tactical issues. Really what it boils down to, is are people looking and willing to play with new people in larger quantities - like allies or recruits, or do people want to keep the group small , and have less allies/recruits.

The tactical and gameplay issues will come up, but its dangerous to assume to much or put to much thought into that aspect , because any assumptions made about how the mechanics play out could end up being wrong.

So, we dont know what is realistically possible or not possible yet as far as tactics.

So far, most people are appearing to be against heavy recruiting or getting to entertwined in alliances.

E
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
E
Derid one thing that I can tell you is that since Warhammer has released we've had a ton of people come out of the cracks that use to roll with or against KGB back in the Pac days. I am astonished on the applications we've had and we have not even officially began to recruit. I am excited for you guys and wish you the best of luck!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Band 5
Band 5
Ahh...but we are just about to release a recruiting campaign of semi-not epic scale! Who knows who might trickle over to DFO after WAR has lost it's luster!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard