KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Guiliani is a hack who is totally in the pocket of the "security" industry, and is corrupt as any other NYC mayor.

Guilliani is anti-rights, pro-government.

Guilliani is very similar to Hillary, in fact they get their campaign funding from many of the same people.

After the massive failures of the past 8 years, I dont see how anyone could want a "strong" foreign policy. A bigger-badder Bush is not going to do us any good. /shrug

I would be curious to see what specifically you though Guilliana had right, as far as I can tell he is basically just another schlick schtick paying lip service to a false platform he thinks might get him elected. If you listen to him talk, you can also tell quickly that the Obfuscation is strong with him.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well said, Daye & Derid.

This time around, if there's any way I can vote for Dr. Paul, that's who I'm voting for. I may even go so far as to write him on the ballot.

I like Chris Rock's take on Politics:

(paraphrase) "Liberals, Conservatives, Republicans, & Democrats are all fucking idiots. Anyone who is so short-sighted and narrow-minded as to pre-determine who or what party they'll vote for before even looking at the issues...is a fucking idiot. I'm liberal about some things...and I'm conservative about others. You've got to look at the issues, weigh them, and then make your decision."

If you are considering voting for RON PAUL, regardless of choices, Here is a site with a STEP-BY-STEP process on how to do it effectively using the Write-In Ballot. HERE IT IS

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Thanks for the link. I will be voting for him in the GOP primaries (yes, I am and always have been a registered Republican) and writing him in on the main election day should he not get the nomination.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Quote:

and writing him in on the main election day should he not get the nomination.

I love the loyalty to a guy who might deserve it, but it's getting to the point where I hate the thought of votes being 'wasted' this way. I'm a Floridian, so I'm quite aware how Bush squeaked by. If only people could have gone with the lesser of two evils...

(Then again, I shouldn't even be allowed to talk. I was legal to vote in that election.. and I didn't. I know, I suck, and I'm a bad American. I'll have to correct that this time around.)

Crim, I completely agree with Mister Rock. I'm a Centrist. I'm liberal about things (seperation of church and state [I'm a Christian, by the by], legalizing drugs [although I'm practically a straight-edge, I haven't drank alcohol yet and I'm 23], gay marriage [WHO THE &$@# CARES, HOLY *($%], abortion [it sucks, but it isn't THIS big of an issue]) and conservative about others (death penalty and crime in general [you murder in cold blood, I want you dead, and quickly at that]).

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Dude, you can't tell me that voting against your own intuition and judgement isn't a wasted vote, either. Even if I know the person I'm voting for won't make it, I'll never sell out again and vote for someone simply because the person I really want doesn't stand a chance. It's only a waste if your heart isn't in it.

Blaze of Glory, Baby.

[Linked Image]

Missing in Action - October 2021
I don't know, I haven't really heard him, or any other candidate speak. I just the other day heard Obama's voice for the first time during his victory speach at Iowa.

Since the Florida primaries and the real election are rapidly approaching though, the other day I sat on wikipedia for like two hours looking through all the big republican and democratic candidates reading up on their political positions and the one that most matched my views was Giuliani, whom before knowing what he stood for was the candidate I was least likely to vote for just based on the fact that all he's been is a mayor, and all he seems to do according to the media is play the terrorism card.

So why Giuliani? Because first of all, all the Democrats want to immediately withdraw from Iraq. Although I agree going there was a mistake and any other argument that someone could bring up against Iraq that we've all heard a thousand times, I still think we should finish the job.

I think we should take a look at history and apply lessons learned from Vietnam. The second we left the North Vietnamese swept into the South and made it so the nearly 60 thousand U.S. troops that died over 10 years, died for nothing. So far Iraq has lasted five, and we're at about 3900, those numbers are fantastic, just the media hypes it like crazy in order to get higher ratings. I think we're better off just seeing the job through, rather than make those 3900 deaths a waste just like what happened with Vietnam.

I think any Republican learned lessons from Bush's presidency, and they'll think twice before engaging in wars on a whim. Regardless, I rather a Reagan than a Carter. I don't mean I want to go around starting shit all over the world or playing world police, but if someone starts shit with us, I think we should push back. And I think Ron Paul's idea of backing out of the UN is one of the dumbest proposals I've ever heard.

All right, so past foreign policy, which pretty much eliminates every Democrat on the list, sadly, I was faced with Giuliani, Huckabee, McCain, etc. Once I started reading up on them though, their platforms were stupidly absurd.

Pretty much every Republican but Giuliani is cut out of the same Bible-loving conservative mold (i.e. No Gay Marriage, No Abortions, No Stem Cell Research, Teach Creationism in schools, etc.)

I think a lot of those issues shouldn't be controlled by the Government, frankly some of them aren't the government's business.

To ban Stem Cell Research just because it comes from embryos at the cost of the hundreds of thousands of lives that could be saved from the fruits of such research is just plain stupid and ignorant. Luckily new sources of Stem Cells are being found now, but it shouldn't have to come down to finding alternate methods of finding Stem Cells just to please our Bible-toting compatriots.

Gay Marriage... honestly banning it is unconstitutional. It's like saying blacks can't get married or something. When it comes down to it, it's segregation. It's stupid that gays can't receive things such as insurance benefits that they would had their partners been of the opposite gender. I'm not gay, and have such few gay friends that I could count them on one hand, so Gay legislation really doesn't affect my life, but I just find it stupid that people believe the Government should even take a role in controlling people's personal lives like this. I'm agnostic and feel pity for people when they tell me they honestly believe in Creationism or they take the Bible literally rather than metaphorically. Adam and Eve shouldn't be a factor in how we run our government, period.

Abortions? Should I even have to argue in their favor? Their are a billion situations in which it would be ridiculous for a woman to be forced to have an abortion. Giuliani's stance is something like "I'm not fond of them, but I rather have them legal and occurring in a safe, controlled environment, than illegally with coat hangers or whatever. Because let's face it, abortions are going to happen whether the government allows them or not."

And yeah, I know certain aspects of his current platform are different than the stuff he supported during his years as the mayor of NYC, and yeah, this is to appeal to more voters, or benefit heavy donors to his campaign, but honestly, this is me caring. I guess like Fora said, it comes down to the lesser of two evils. Although Giuliani may not be 100% a match towards my views, he's the closest around, so my votes will be going to him this year... at least I think so thus far.

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
I'm for whoever is abolishing the IRS and the death tax. For me it starts and ends there.

I still have a REALLY hard time grasping the fact that my family has paid $1,500,000 in taxes in the past ten years and owes another $750,000, just because various members of the family passed away (dad and grandmother).

It's all bollocks, all of it!

holy shit :O

BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

I'm for whoever is abolishing the IRS and the death tax. For me it starts and ends there.

I still have a REALLY hard time grasping the fact that my family has paid $1,500,000 in taxes in the past ten years and owes another $750,000, just because various members of the family passed away (dad and grandmother).

It's all bollocks, all of it!

You must be for Ron Paul then. One of the first things he wants to do is find alternative methods in the tax and IRS category.

Bos: You haven't heard RP speak too much because the media pretty much refuses to cover him. In the beginning of the race, they did cover him, and he totally trumped the other candidates. It reminded me of a much more suave version of "Man of the Year."

[Linked Image]

Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Seriously.

You should honestly go watch some of the interviews with Ron Paul, and then - honestly - watch the same or similar interviews with Guilianni.

Plus, whats wrong with withdrawing from the UN? I dont see what it has ever done for us, especially that could not have been achieved through other diplomatic channels.

Bush has shown once and for all that the UN has no real power. It has been known for a long time, that without America forking out the cash to enforce resolutions and fund peacekeeping, it wont happen.

Why channel all that effort in that fashion?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard