KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,777 Trump card
1,347,075 Picture Thread
483,033 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Slinger Offline OP
Missing in Action - October 2021
OP Offline
I love both of them! I'm not too big on reading long, non-fiction books because I have a hard time finishing them, but I've read PLENTY of articles and papers by both of them. My house mates and I watch Sagan's 'Cosmos' all the time!

I doubt I'm making an introduction to anyone here, but my favorite author is Douglas Adams. He does an amazing job of keeping it fresh and witty while making several beautiful points on the absurdities of organized religion and government through narrative prose. If you haven't already, pick up the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and its respective sequals). I'm so excited, my parents are bringing my bible-sized copy from home when they come to visit this weekend so I can read it again!

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2o1ww_Nexk

Proof that Jesus was real and he had amazing powers!

Its like a school bus of nuns hitting a shit wagon and bursting into flames. You just can't look away... -Tasorin
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I was raised penecostal but as a adult i consider myself non-dominational. I beleve in Jesus christ he died for our sins and that is all i have to say about that. I know there is a god because if there wasnt i wouldnt be here typing to you right now.

So please delete this post from the kgb board and not more religious post please. This is not what this board is about it is about gaming.

Former KGB Order of the Paladins
Former KGB Champion
Former General(G4)UO
Former General(G3)UO
Former General(G2)UO
Former General(G1)UO
Former Knight Captain in UO
Former Knight Commander in UO
Former Member of SB,Wow,Aoc
Founder Of Chop Choppers
Former Member
Former Member
I don't mind religion.

Just keep it out of politics.

[Of course, organizing against totalitarian regimes is an exception in my book (i.e. Monks in Burma).]

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Ahhh but Ken !

SOMETHING has to take up our time whilst we are lacking
a decent game

Religious topics makes for some heated debates that can
sometimes be fun.

One of the other forums I post in has a discussion going
on about what you think the definition of atheism is. It
will become a battlefield pretty quickly I think

-Daye

Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:

Want to discuss something not game related? Politics, you name it. This is the place for unlimited open discussion. Please be respectful.

I feel this thread meets the prerequisites to exist here.

I'd also like to reiterate that I don't care what anyone believes in. When I say I don't care I don't mean to say "your beliefs are rubbish", but that I really couldn't care any less whether you, your family, or anyone else in the world believes whatever it is that you believe, as long as you're not going to persecute people based on it. It is *my* personal belief that there is nothing supernatural, and I don't expect anyone to give two shits about that. The point I'm trying to make by sharing this recording with people has nothing to do with the existence or non-existence of anything at all. I'm trying to explain that you're in charge of yourself, and thats the only person you should be in charge of. Don't go around telling other people that your beliefs are the correct ones, because chances are that you're wrong. Chances are that I'm wrong too. In fact, all things considered, there's a pretty good chance that there isn't a single person on this entire planet that has anywhere close to a real idea of whats going on around them. I put most of my faith in science, because it does a pretty good job of explaining the world to me, at least on a scale I'm comfortable with. As much faith as I have in science, I don't believe a single bit of it; it has way too many holes and gaps to make perfect sense, much like any and all religions.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
There is a huge difference between Religion and Faith

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I follow Jesus Christ, and believe firstly through research and evidence, then by faith, and lastly by feelings, that he existed, and that there is more evidence for his existence, miracles, death, and resurrection than any other person who ever lived.

I know alot of people classify "religion" as one big thing, and that they are all bad and all the same. As for those people, I hope you would do some more research.

Debate between Richard Dawkins and John Lennox

This is a very good debate between two very knowledgeable people, and obviously I am on the side of John Lennox, and agree with everything he says. Interestingly enough, I also agree with Dawkins about almost everything he says about religion and its negative effects.

However, I don't place Christianity in that "blob" he calls religion. I view it as truth, and as reality. Of course you can listen to this recording and have your mind closed, like some people who post comments and just say that John is just "preaching" and that nothing he says is valid, which you have a right to do, but is also very ignorant of evidence.

Also not sure if anyone has ever heard of Josh Mcdowell, who has written several books on the evidence for christianity, one very small and simple one called "more than a carpenter" the more recent is "Evidence for Christianity."

I enjoy talking about this topic, especially with people who have the very common assumptions and easily answered questions that are their excuse to not examine the evidence and find out the truth for themselves.

Please listen to this discussion and hear what both sides are saying.

PS. I would also consider Atheism a form of religion as well, as you will hear John Lennox talk about briefly. There is also alot more evidence out there than just this stuff, but this is a huge topic and i think i covered the basics.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Slinger Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't had a chance to listen to the debate yet, I'm waiting for my room mate to have the time to listen with me.

As far as Christianity not being part of the "blob" of religions goes I feel I only need to quote Stephen F. Roberts: "I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods you will understand why I dismiss yours."

And I totally disagree with atheism being a religion. It's a lifestyle more than anything else, much like Buddhism was before it spread East and was butchered by those who needed something greater to contribute their existence to.

I'll have more to say once I get a chance to listen to this debate sometime later this week, I'm sure.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Religion vs faith is a lot like hobbies vs interests.

One costs you a LOT of money, the other is free but just
as satisfying

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard