KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 48 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Mmorning
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,050,312 Trump card
1,346,709 Picture Thread
482,436 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Quote:

I ain't saying nothing i know people who would agree and disagree with me but shadowbane was the fucking best ever for its concepts and gameplay after sb.exe was put in check

Exactly. The scale of the empire building and intensity of the pvp is what I miss most.

I could care less about the setting. . .

Like Derid says, the fact that they're not going to be developing their own game engine is a HUGE boon to their ability to making a game that is focused on fun.

When your King calls you to action, will you hear the call?

Missing in Action - October 2021
I hope they *can* focus on fun. Shadowbane was so amazing that its all I ever wanted to do, ever. I skipped parties and ignored my friends while I was playing it, and I don't know how that makes me feel. On one hand, it was so good I couldn't drag myself away from it, but on the other hand, I was skipping parties and ignoring my friends, lol. I'd like to see someone implement a system where NPCs were cheap for hire and just as good as PCs so if you were raiding or defending a city you could do it alone, as long as your guild had a lot of cash saved up to hire NPC soldiers (well, maybe not alone, but with 5 people logged in at 6am, when the Asians are plotting our late night demise, instead of 50)

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Quote:

... I'd like to see someone implement a system where NPCs were cheap for hire and just as good as PCs so if you were raiding or defending a city you could do it alone, as long as your guild had a lot of cash saved up to hire NPC soldiers (well, maybe not alone, but with 5 people logged in at 6am, when the Asians are plotting our late night demise, instead of 50)

You weren't thinking much when you posted this were you? Admit it!

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
Quote:

I hope they *can* focus on fun. Shadowbane was so amazing that its all I ever wanted to do, ever. I skipped parties and ignored my friends while I was playing it, and I don't know how that makes me feel. On one hand, it was so good I couldn't drag myself away from it, but on the other hand, I was skipping parties and ignoring my friends, lol.

Sad, but true. . .

Well Raek, Let me rephrase...

"I reluctantly hope that... ...so I can still participate in an empire building game without fucking up my college/work careers."

KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
Quote:

I ain't saying nothing i know people who would agree and disagree with me but shadowbane was the fucking best ever for its concepts and gameplay after sb.exe was put in check

Shadowbane did alot of things terribly wrong, possibly the worst pve in any game I've ever played, bug ridden, lag filled, exploits and dupes everywhere.

Dispite all that it's the best game I ever played, the best pvp, a game that built teamwork and friendships. No game has ever got the adrenalin pumping like shadowbane and in no other game did I shout and cheer at my PC after acheiveing something (takeing down a tree vastly outnumbered seconds before the banestone was to die). PVP was meaningful and actions had consequences and that is something no other game has really managed.

Give me a new ip with the shadowbane pvp, a stable and relativly bug free game with gms who clamp down on the cheats, a decent population and a graphics update and I'll be happy for a few years.

I really don't care weather im a gun toting elf in hell or a barbarian wielding a lawn mower in a post apocalypic world. I just want some good meaningfull team pvp with city and empire building and destroying with my friends and guild.

Lets hope one of these games provides us a game where we can really thrive again as a guild as we did back in shadowbane.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Quote:

Shadowbane did alot of things terribly wrong, possibly the worst pve in any game I've ever played, bug ridden, lag filled, exploits and dupes everywhere.

Dispite all that it's the best game I ever played, the best pvp, a game that built teamwork and friendships. No game has ever got the adrenalin pumping like shadowbane and in no other game did I shout and cheer at my PC after acheiveing something (takeing down a tree vastly outnumbered seconds before the banestone was to die). PVP was meaningful and actions had consequences and that is something no other game has really managed.

Give me a new ip with the shadowbane pvp, a stable and relativly bug free game with gms who clamp down on the cheats, a decent population and a graphics update and I'll be happy for a few years.

I really don't care weather im a gun toting elf in hell or a barbarian wielding a lawn mower in a post apocalypic world. I just want some good meaningfull team pvp with city and empire building and destroying with my friends and guild.

Lets hope one of these games provides us a game where we can really thrive again as a guild as we did back in shadowbane.

I agree 100%

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Former Member
OP Offline
Former Member
A barbarian wielding a lawnmower sounds pretty badass to me.

Mow-mow!

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

I prefer sci fi tbh.

So sick of elves and dwarves.

Phantasy Star is one example that pulls it off well. Shadowrun was another. Final Fantasy usually doesnt count IMO cause its more steampunk than high tech. Usualy... guess it really depends on which one. FF7 was one of the most science-types and is also widely regarded as the best so...
I certainly thought it was cool when it was out.

Depends, FF is hit and miss.

In any case I am looking forward to their next game, and have a feeling they might get it right this time. Its also good news that they licensed an engine, that will take alot of the technical burden regarding the client off their backs, and most commercial engines are pretty keen about support and performance.

Hehe indeed - no more Elves, Orcs, Dwarves/etc. Don't try to make it "steampunk" (meaning: old world fantasy with modern tech fusion) either...

Fallout Online... or Shadowrun Online.. that would be kick ass! I am definitely excited to see what CCP + WhiteWolf studios is going to put out!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
I'm kinda sick of sitting in front of my computer all of the time. We should all rob banks and pool our loot and buy an island and start a country, then protect the innocent and lay siege on the evil powerhouse countries!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard