KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 53 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,036,934 Trump card
1,342,564 Picture Thread
481,172 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Raphe #20189 05/16/07 09:31 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Glad to see that you have gotten that situation worked out. My eldest daughter tried something like this and it turned into a mess that took her awhile and some wailing and gnashing of teeth to resolve...

As for part 2 I would suggest considering it what I call a "Life Style change"... eating right is definitely part of the equation but also do not always deny yourself that occasional cookie or other treat you like. But with that said a balanced diet is only part of the equation. Aerobic activity is also important, how you do it is strictly up to you (hiking, bike riding, running). But also consider weight lifting which brings benefits that a lot of folks do not consider... first with more muscle you will have a higher resting metabolic rate (more muscle means burning more calories) so it makes it easier to lose/maintain weight... you will also naturally have more strength which will make tons of stuff easier to do... done correctly it is good for joints and bones and you learn a lot about your body structure. It is important to be careful when lifting/exercising to protect against injuries so if you are new to the whole workout scene start slow, light, always use correct form and stretch out before, during, and after working out... keep flexible. Feel free to ask any questions you have or pm if you like.

5050 #20190 05/16/07 01:54 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
you sould talk to ryu he has lost over 150lbs. Eating healthy was a big part of it, he does the gym thing but just being active is the goal to exercise.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Body for life has worked really well for alot of my friends in losing wieght and mainting the weight lost. And start working out!!

[Linked Image from i16.tinypic.com]
Winter #20192 05/22/07 02:38 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Complete diet/exercise advice is too lengthy of a topic to spit out here but others have given good advice already here so i'll just add general advice here, feel free to PM me with questions.

Body Mass Index is a decent tool to use in finding out how much you should weigh. Just do a google search for "BMI" and you'll find endless sites with a BMI calculator on it. Typically the only time the calculator is off is if you have alot of muscle mass on you which means you're someone who lifts weights 5+ days a week, week after week and you train for mass.

If you see that you're 20+ lbs overweight then i'd suggest focusing on just losing weight at first, then once close to your proper weight adjust your focus to muscle building as well as fat loss.

Losing weight is calorie reduction, pills/supplements dont come near to producing the results you can get simply by truly reducing your caloric intake the old fashion way... skipping meals or turning a meal you'd normally have into instead just a protein shake. Judging by your previous messages you dont have the money to blow on supplements anyway. It's a multi-million dollar industry, lots of misleading marketing and fake claims, even if you had the money i'd still suggest limiting supplement use.

I'll end with my friend's example of dieting which worked for him, you can follow it if you wish or just take it as evidence that even one as drastic as his works and can be maintained.

For Breakfast and Lunch he ate only 2 whole boiled eggs (or fry them if you wish) and water or some other zero calorie drink.
Dinner was a medium sized salad with 8oz chicken breast. No salad dressing (30 calorie or less salad dressing could be used if you must)

That's it, he did that for two months straight day after day. 1st month he lost around 20lbs and second month he lost around 15lbs. He never went to the gym during this time.

That's alot of money saved on food with a diet like that, LOL. You eat like that for two months and your reward will be having the money to play the newest MMO's (AOC and DF!)

I personally wanted to trim about 5% bodyfat off of me when i'm already in great shape but the same sort of tactic works still. I've turned my breakfast and lunch into very small meals and or just a protein shake and then my dinner is large and I drink two protein shakes at other times during the day. The big dinner and shakes are because I work out daily and want to build muscle while losing fat. Been doing it for a week and i'm liking the results and I don't feel that hungry.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard