The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,829,063 Trump card
1,512,790 Picture Thread
580,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 322
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 322
Gah. I didn't know it won't support dx10. Oh well. I'll have to buy Vista sooner than I hoped.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 6
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 6

DX10 isnt needed.

If you MUST get Vista, I'd say go for a Yarr edition. Wait until people break all the DRM in it etc.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,988
Likes: 44
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,988
Likes: 44
with the Nhancer Nvidia utility, I am able to take advantage of SLI with DX9. If you are Nvidia and SLI, google it.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 449
Former KGB Member
**
Former KGB Member
**
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 449
Quote:


XP x64 is far and away the best OS MS has ever produced.

Its fast, its stable, it has all the important 64bit features. The ONLY thing it doesnt have is DX10, and the ONLY reason it doesnt is so MS can rip you off for 300$ for a Vista that was designed to please Big Media, and Big Hardware. (ie: it runs like shit).

/rant off

But yeah, XP64 is the way to go.




i donno man the linux penguin is very sexy, very...


Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 941
KGB Supreme Knight
*****
KGB Supreme Knight
*****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 941
heh a new machine with those specs are $$$

Not that I've priced them at all recently. . . ( 4-5k )
no really. . . . can shave off a bit by building on your own, but that 30 inch LCD does look nice ( unfortunately it
adds 1.5k to the pricetag )

That rig should do you well for some time though. I'm doing my damdest not to buy another system for a few years.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 6
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 6

Zone, you are correct.....

In fact after XP64 is broken / obsolete, I will be 100% Linux
As Long as AoC/DFO perform well in XP for the forseeable future, there will be 0 temptation for me to ever goto Vista.

I loathe MS's new direction and plan to speak with my wallet. I know most ppl will say "yeah but its just one user, they dont care much about that" and those people would be correct. However it is still the ONLY thing one can do (for all practical purposes) that they care about at all. So meh.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 322
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 322
Microsoft needs some competition. A company that goes after the mainstream OS user.

I'm not sure why they've never had one (besides Apple in the 80's, but that doesn't really count since Apple's OS is proprietary).

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 941
KGB Supreme Knight
*****
KGB Supreme Knight
*****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 941
I have to stick with Microsoft for now as the software I use somewhat requires it. I don't think SoundForge runs on Linux. Nor does Photoshop / Z-Brush / Softimage | XSI / Rhino and a whole list of other applications I use. *sigh*

Much as I hate MS, I have to stay with em.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 449
Former KGB Member
**
Former KGB Member
**
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 449
Quote:


Zone, you are correct.....

In fact after XP64 is broken / obsolete, I will be 100% Linux
As Long as AoC/DFO perform well in XP for the forseeable future, there will be 0 temptation for me to ever goto Vista.

I loathe MS's new direction and plan to speak with my wallet. I know most ppl will say "yeah but its just one user, they dont care much about that" and those people would be correct. However it is still the ONLY thing one can do (for all practical purposes) that they care about at all. So meh.




i think you and me derid need to get together and make a new os, maybe a shark or a seagull this time.


Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 449
Former KGB Member
**
Former KGB Member
**
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 449
Quote:

I have to stick with Microsoft for now as the software I use somewhat requires it. I don't think SoundForge runs on Linux. Nor does Photoshop / Z-Brush / Softimage | XSI / Rhino and a whole list of other applications I use. *sigh*

Much as I hate MS, I have to stay with em.





don't worry adobe will eventually be platform based so you can run photoshop from your cellphone...


Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1