KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 30 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Almalel, Garal
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,045,083 Trump card
1,344,952 Picture Thread
481,910 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Senator
Deceased
KGB Senator
Deceased
Blizzard have done a very good job improveing the game lately imo. You really can be competative in PVP now without being a hardcore raider. Sure the people who put months of work into their gear will have an advantage and so they should but the fights will still be very competative.

I'm very surprised at your experience Crimthian. Were you both the same level and Class? I'm currently a level 54 hunter and I destroy level 60 epic geared hunters if I come accross them with no mana (same as not using specials).

Decent quality gear is very easy to optain now. Blizzard have changed the horrible pvp system (really what were they thinking? we all said it was a terrible idea as soon as it was implemented) now you don't need to dedicate your life to pvp. You PVP, you earn honor, you spend your honor on some very nice items. It's fun and rewarding all the way through your characters life too, Run a few battlegrounds at lvl 18 say and you will be able to buy a nice blue item with your honor.

Burning crusade adds an arena system for people who want 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 battles and also I belive there is alot more world pvp added.

They are making raids more accessable too by reduceing the raid size from 40 to 25 and making most new raid dungeons winged. So your raid can chose to do just the wing that it wants and thus you arn't dedicating a massive block of time.

I'll be buying the burning crusade and leveling up to 70 (unless Darkfall comes out shortly) and the nice thing about WoW is once you get bored you can sell your account for a nice profit. This is my 3rd time playing WoW, the first time there was no endgame content and I quit (and made a nice profit) second time the pvp system forced you to do nothing but pvp (no alts etc) if you wanted to progress and I quickly got burnt out and quit (and made a nice profit) but now I think they have got it pretty right and it's fun weather you have an hour or all day to play, I'm impressed and I expect to hang around here untill KGB moves into a new game.

It's defiantly the most fun mmo I've played during the leveling process. Yes unfortunatly the pvp isn't as good or as consequential as shadowbane but that had a million and one flaws too and I eagerly await the day that a game manages to get it perfect, fingers crossed for darkfall but for now WoW is the best attempt yet.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Bishop you can come play on one of my UO accounts before you leave. hehehehhe

[Linked Image from i16.tinypic.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:

I'm very surprised at your experience Crimthian. Were you both the same level and Class? I'm currently a level 54 hunter and I destroy level 60 epic geared hunters if I come accross them with no mana (same as not using specials).

(Deep, grating, Narrator voice:) It was July of 2005. I was same level (60) fighting a Tauren Warrior - I was a Night Elf Warrior. I had, at the time, 28% crit in battle stance (before I quit it was 30%). He was fully decked out in MC tank gear. He simply outlasted me with all the additional armor and hitpoints. I was only wearing select blues from various 5-10 man dungeon grinds that increased my DPS and Crit percentage (something I usually focus on in games). I'd been playing since April of 2004 in Beta and had seen all the crappy changes come down the pipe (for the umpteenthed time, I'll say it again: they took away player stat allocation to put it all on the items. LAME!) I played for a couple months after that experience, up until October 2005, when I landed a huge role onstage in college as Theo in Steve Martin's "The Underpants" play. I had to quit. When the play was over I had no more desire to come back to grind shitty 40 man raid instances and gear all day long just to stay competive.

If gear is easier to come by for PVPers, that's great. But it still can't make up for the lack of stat allocation per level, and a character generally having little to no effect on his/her environment.

WoW doesn't seem to be a game where you can jump in for one hour or two then log out. It's more like 3-4 minimum. It kills my RL. I'd say the only time of year where I'm willing to blow that kind of time in a partially-fun game world is Jan-March, when it's cold as fuck outside.

Quote:

Yes unfortunatly the pvp isn't as good or as consequential as shadowbane but that had a million and one flaws too and I eagerly await the day that a game manages to get it perfect, fingers crossed for darkfall but for now WoW is the best attempt yet.

My bet is on Age of CONAN; I saw somewhere that they were expecting to release in 2007. Probably 4 years before Darkfall Online.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard