The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: https://discord.gg/hcrtqYxbhz
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AHappyOtter, Sabbyth, Ansalon, Sin, MotleyHar
1,455 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums51
Topics13,388
Posts120,373
Members1,455
Most Online228
Dec 19th, 2019
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Vuldan 6
Exey 2
Arkh 2
Derid 1
Tinqu 1
Dcengr 1
Sini 1
Top Posters(30 Days)
JetStar 59
Vuldan 35
Sini 25
Goriom 20
Exey 20
Owain 17
Thresh 12
RedKGB 8
Tinqu 7
Derid 7
Arkh 4
Azulla 2
Thomas 1
Tasho 1
Popular Topics(Views)
1,170,624 Trump card
931,144 Picture Thread
318,510 Romney
233,321 Mosque
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 124 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 123 124
Sini #142592 12/24/17 02:26 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
If I am wrong about that, I look forward to your links to articles from anyone complaining about high air fares caused by a Boeing monopoly, high taxes caused by Ex Im loans, or the current crippling rate of inflation.

I'll wait...


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
Owain #142594 12/25/17 06:02 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by Owain
Sini, I didn't choose Boeing to be the hill you die on. You did that all by yourself.


You started running your mouth about how Trump's tax policy of redistributing wealth from the middle class to multinational corporations and wealthy is returning money these bad actors supposedly earned. Then you blundered to pick Boeing as an example of upstanding corporate citizen. I proceeded to demonstrate that Boeing is a poster child for corporate welfare. So no, you picked Boeing, and now you won't admit that your argument was taken apart at every turn. At this point you doubled-down about dozen times, and well into "la la la I am not listening" denial.

Originally Posted by Owain
If your ego wont permit you to admit you are wrong, that doesn't bother me a bit.


No, I simply like arguing about politics. However, discussing anything with you reminds me of talking to my cat. Sure, the cat is there, and appear to listen, but all it really is interested in is feeding.

Originally Posted by Owain
Life is just going to suck for you, because I don't see any of that changing any time soon, because no one cares but deranged lefties.


Thing is, I started at the left of center. As I got older and wealthier, I moved right of center. During 80s, my today's views would be considered mainstream conservatism. You know, stuff like don't spend too much of borrowed money, don't intentionally write bad laws, don't be too greedy at the trough. If you see me as "deranged lefties", then you lost all perspective. Our last argument was over corporate welfare, where my position is that it is bad thing and distorts markets, and your position that it doesn't matter, and let us cut taxes on them some more. Yet, despite opposing "spend baby, spend!" Trump tax policy I am labeled the irresponsible one.




[Linked Image]
Owain #142595 12/25/17 06:18 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by Owain
If I am wrong about that


You are being modest. You are wrong just about everything.

Originally Posted by Owain
I look forward to your links to articles from anyone complaining about high air fares caused by a Boeing monopoly, high taxes caused by Ex Im loans, or the current crippling rate of inflation.


I am not sure you read any of the articles I linked, but here are some more:

Brookings on aircraft industry. This Brookings Institution

Quote
The basic logic behind trade enforcement mechanisms, whether pursued unilaterally or multilaterally through the WTO, is an attempt to “level the playing field,” or to correct the market for the distortions of government interventions. The problem is, when it comes to aircraft manufacturing, there’s never been anything close to a perfectly competitive, distortion-free market: It’s politics and subsidies all the way down.

Given how governments are so deeply and fundamentally involved in the industry, asking what a jet would cost in the absence of government distortions to the market is an impossible question. Government distortions constitute the aircraft market; take them away, and there’s nothing left.


[PDF] List of Boeing Subsidies challenged by EU . This is list where EU has sufficient evidence to start trade dispute.

The Economist: Boeing vs Bombardier


[Linked Image]
Sini #142599 12/25/17 07:54 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
Where in that does anyone cite the things you claim that specifically are the most damaging? Does anyone, anywhere on the planet, share your concerns? No one at all, out of 7 billion people?

Psychiatrists have a name for people who worry excessively about things that concern no one else at all.

Delusional.


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
Sini #142602 12/25/17 11:10 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
So Owain, when other people ask you about your political alignment, do you lie through your teeth and tell them you are a conservative? Because even you must know that if you admit to your actual political views to everyone, they will finally have a definitive proof that you are not of a sound mind? Stuff you post here could probably be used as evidence by your relatives to get power of attorney over you. So wipe that browser cache and make sure nobody sees you post this shit here.


[Linked Image]
Sini #142603 12/25/17 01:13 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
Ad hominem. Must have hit a nerve.
[Linked Image]


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
Sini #142609 12/26/17 09:35 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Did you had to practice to get this hypocritical, or does it come naturally to you? I suspect you would make an excellent White House Press Secretary. Try applying, if you need references - this thread can be your reference.

Just a post above, you called me delusional. You also called me much worse throughout this thread. If you are too fragile to handle your own medicine, maybe you should behaved better yourself?

Back to my question, I want to know:

Originally Posted by Sini
So Owain, when other people ask you about your political alignment, do you lie through your teeth and tell them you are a conservative?



[Linked Image]
Sini #142618 12/26/17 01:30 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
Based upon your posts, where you complain about things that are of no apparent concern to anyone but you, delusional might be an accurate description.

But that is a reference to your nonsensical arguments. I cannot help it if you choose to employ nonsensical argument. When you do, all one can do is point that out.


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
Sini #142619 12/26/17 01:32 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Offline
KGB Senator
KGB Supreme Knight
**
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,364
Likes: 9
But before I can answer your question, I need a clarification. What is a violation of conservatism in what I have talked about?


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Senator
Sini #142622 12/26/17 02:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,390
Likes: 4
Lets start with naming some of your conservative values. You do have values, don't you?

I will even start with an example, to making it easier for you to understand this question. I believe that direct government intervention into free markets with cash injections, free loans, and targeted tax cuts distorts the markets and ultimately increases costs to anyone participating in the markets.


[Linked Image]
Page 89 of 124 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 123 124

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5