KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Recently, there hasn't been much at all going on in BDO. We had a few more Knights give the game a try - but there has been no new content (other than seasonal event content) since the release of the "Striker"; so a lot of the long-standing supporters of the game have run out of things to do in-game. Eventually there will be an additional class coming out down the line, but nothing really NEW from Korea regarding quests or new areas so therefore nothing coming to the US client any time soon. As a result, KGB membership participation in-game has dwindled from a dozen or so active down to 2-3 over the past couple weekends.

After talking it over with our Officers, the KGB BDO faction has dropped any non-participating conscripts from the roll call and is now being declared an OPEN faction. That way if any of the conscripts do come back, they won't be running around with a KGB tag in game (doing mischief/etc). KGB members were kept on the roster and of course any new players can be added. Just PM me on Oracle and I will be glad to log in and guild-invite you. I am still logging in regularly and will continue to monitor things (as a good steward does), so if anyone needs anything - please let me know.

Unfortunately the nature of how BDO works; we never really crossed the border required to keep involved with "node wars". Also the nature of how the game runs (no player trading/crafting) and other in-game mechanics that our membership did not like. Additionally, new players are now given special channels for additional XP but older in-game members can't go there and help or play WITH the new players makes it difficult to keep the new players interested (as they are essentially off solo-grinding by themselves for MAXIMUM XP). They could always JOIN the group - but would miss out on that bonus XP (which was hard for them to pass up on I suppose).

Well anyway - I do appreciate the MAXIMUM EFFORT our members and officers put into the BDO Faction! We did have a GREAT time playing together for more than a year! Certainly longer than most may have thought that we would survive.

beer

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Given the game's limitations I believe Tax has done a great job managing the Faction thus far, and he certainly has my respect for the attempt to infuse the Faction with interest and longevity. BDO seems to be one of those single player games trying to pretend to be a MMOG, not an easy sell to KGB, and certainly not easy to manage.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Drakiis
Given the game's limitations I believe Tax has done a great job managing the Faction thus far, and he certainly has my respect for the attempt to infuse the Faction with interest and longevity. BDO seems to be one of those single player games trying to pretend to be a MMOG, not an easy sell to KGB, and certainly not easy to manage.

Thanks Drakiis! I did my best - glad that people whom were playing had fun and we were able to keep things running this long! Not much we can do if the game itself is suffering from lack of new content and player "ho-hum" syndrome (myself included).

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted by Taxman
Originally Posted by Drakiis

Thanks Drakiis! I did my best - glad that people whom were playing had fun and we were able to keep things running this long! Not much we can do if the game itself is suffering from lack of new content and player "ho-hum" syndrome (myself included).

TYax, you did and continue to do a great job. None of the game bs is your fault. You held it together well. I haven't logged in for at least a month, maybe two, my move to Texas and new job have kept me from mmo gaming, as I am time limited, but I look forward to the next one.

Regards

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted by Vuldan

TYax, you did and continue to do a great job. None of the game bs is your fault. You held it together well. I haven't logged in for at least a month, maybe two, my move to Texas and new job have kept me from mmo gaming, as I am time limited, but I look forward to the next one.
Regards

Thanks Vuldan. Indeed, life can throw quite a few curves at your gaming playtime from time to time!

Definitely look forward to being able to play the next game - together hopefully!

Taxman

Link Copied to Clipboard